Email Application - Multiple accounts

stellar981

Reaction score
I am having trouble figuring out how to view all my inboxes using the email application. My main email is Gmail, and I love the gmail app. However, I have found that unless I compose an email while IN the gmail app, it will use my default email account from the regular email app. So since I want to send my email from my gmail account, i entered my gmail account into both the gmail app and the email app and set the default account to my gmail address. Now I can send messages with that address no problem.. However I am unable to view my yahoo account now using the email app. I don't see an easy way, or any way for that matter to just switch from one inbox to another in the email app. Does anyone know what this is about? Am I missing something? I had the fascinate for a short time and there were tabs on the top of the screen to switch between all my email accounts. And when im in the gmail app, if I go to menu there is an option there that says "accounts." So now why doesn't the email application also have this? I don't know what to do here. Anyone know what I am talking about??

MmsStudent2015

Reaction score
Go to the email app not gmail app, go to the account button there should be an add account button if not go to settings and try there.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

hottergirl01

Reaction score
finally...

There's an app already on the phone called 'Messaging' or something to that effect. It has a picture of a mailbox on it. When you tap it, you're presented with all your accounts. For example, I have 2 Yahoo! accounts. I can select the account I wish to view and immediately go there from this app. Hope this was helpful...i've been searching all over for the answer to accessing, multiple email accounts. I just happened upon this already-included app this morning and thought I'd share. :)

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
The stock email app might be a boring looking envelope called "Messaging" or "Mail." It's pretty easy to set up POP3 or IMAP accounts with it. It'll recognize most major providers like Gmail, Hotmail, etc. However, you can also plug in the ingoing and outgoing mail servers and ports as well. If for some reason you don't care for the stock app, you could try K-9 on the app market. It's free and will function similarly.

BridgetMills

Reaction score
managing email accounts

I am new to the Droid Pro, coming over from BB. I have both a Yahoo and Corporate account configured on the Droid and they are working fine. However, when I delete a message on the Droid, it also deletes it on Yahoo and the Exchange Server. I can't find a way to change the setting so it only deletes the message on the Droid. Any suggestions?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am having trouble figuring out how to view all my inboxes using the email application. My main email is Gmail, and I love the gmail app. However, I have found that unless I compose an email while IN the gmail app, it will use my default email account from the regular email app. So since I want to send my email from my gmail account, i entered my gmail account into both the gmail app and the email app and set the default account to my gmail address. Now I can send messages with that address no problem.. However I am unable to view my yahoo account now using the email app. I don't see an easy way, or any way for that matter to just switch from one inbox to another in the email app. Does anyone know what this is about? Am I missing something? I had the fascinate for a short time and there were tabs on the top of the screen to switch between all my email accounts. And when im in the gmail app, if I go to menu there is an option there that says "accounts." So now why doesn't the email application also have this? I don't know what to do here. Anyone know what I am talking about??
Here is a suggestion that might help...if I understand your question. I understand that you love your gmail account and gmail app. So, go to your other email account's settings and have them forward mail to your gmail account. Now, you will be able to view and respond all your emails through your gmail acccount. When responding to mail that was forwarded from lets say yahoo, it will be addressed with your gmail account address (it will also show that the email was originally addressed to your yahoo account). You can manage all your mail through gmail.

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
Here is a suggestion that might help...if I understand your question. I understand that you love your gmail account and gmail app. So, go to your other email account's settings and have them forward mail to your gmail account. Now, you will be able to view and respond all your emails through your gmail acccount. When responding to mail that was forwarded from lets say yahoo, it will be addressed with your gmail account address (it will also show that the email was originally addressed to your yahoo account). You can manage all your mail through gmail.

This. Go on a computer and go to settings on your gmail and have it push email from yahoo or any POP3. Better for space and for battery consumption.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

tennvol

Reaction score
or download something like k9 mail.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

lalala11

Reaction score
I get you.

Ok. I don't understand why no one is comprehending the question.

I figured this out immediately, but I came from a "dumb" phone. I guess if you're switching from a different smart phone it might be confusing.

In the App Drawer:
1) the GMAIL button goes to your Gmail account.
2) the EMAIL button goes to your default email account in the email app.
3) the MESSAGING button goes to your various non-gmail messaging accounts, like non-Gmail emails, text messages, and Facebook, as well as your Universal Inbox, which incorporates all of those but not Gmail (assuming your Gmail is only in the Gmail app).

I'm not sure where you're composing your email from that is not either the Gmail app or the Messaging app that prevents you from accessing your Gmail, but it seems your system is working fine. Just use MESSAGING to access Yahoo instead of EMAIL and you'll be good.

jrodroidpro

Reaction score

im not sure, but you can have all your pop3 and web-based email accounts forwarded so you can read them in gmail, and therefore, within the gmail app. and any message sent while in your gmail send under your primary gmail addy by default. check out your settings pages while viewing from a desktop or laptop.

dex23851

Reaction score
I am having problems sending out and replying to emails from my charter account on my Droid X. I can receive emails from charter just fine, it is when I hit reply are compose new mail and then send, the emails just sit in my out box and never get sent out.

Any ideas on what has happened? It was working fine then one day last week it just stopped working right.

sryoung

Reaction score
Email issue - can't read

I just don't use my Gmail much anymore.

I am new to Droid Pro from using BB. I have several email on the phone and send and receive with all. However, I can't read the email from my bank (Wells Fargo). I saw another post from last year with the same problem (same bank).
Just wondered if this is a software issue or a bank email issue?

Thanks,