Email Problems

genduso95

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted yet. Is there a way to keep a copy of your email on your phone as well as on your server? So far, every time I open my server, it pulls all my emails from my phone. For my business, I really need to have a copy on both the phone and the server.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted yet. Is there a way to keep a copy of your email on your phone as well as on your server? So far, every time I open my server, it pulls all my emails from my phone. For my business, I really need to have a copy on both the phone and the server.

It doesn't sound to me like you have your mail set up correctly. Do you have your email forwarded to gmail, do you use gmail alone? I'm not quite following you.

OP
G

genduso95

Reaction score
I have yahoo mail. I will receive an email on my phone as well as on my server. When my phone checks for more mail I will lose the mail that was already there. I can't figure out where it goes or why it is disappearing.

EbE404

Reaction score
I have yahoo mail. I will receive an email on my phone as well as on my server. When my phone checks for more mail I will lose the mail that was already there. I can't figure out where it goes or why it is disappearing.

Sounds like IMAP vs. POP As far as I know, Yahoo! only offers IMAP if you pay (one of a few reasons I finally left). With POP, the message will be downloaded to the client and removed from the server, whereas IMAP will allow flexibility and give you the option to leave it on the server. Gmail's default is IMAP.

OP
G

genduso95

Reaction score
I did pay for my yahoo account. Do I have to change a setting or something?

OP
G

genduso95

Reaction score
OK, I just set it up the way it says and my mail still disappears when it loads new mail. But if I move my mail to another folder it stays put. I don't understand.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, I just set it up the way it says and my mail still disappears when it loads new mail. But if I move my mail to another folder it stays put. I don't understand.

Take a look at your K-9 Account Settings (Accessible through the Menu). I have a feeling you have problems with the settings for "expunge" and for "When I delete a message."