email notification doesnt clear upon view of the email

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by nate94gt, Nov 16, 2009.

1. nate94gt

nate94gt New Member

anyone else notice this? When i receive an email, i get the notification at the top of my droid and in the pulldown menu. Great. However, when i select the email, it still stays on the notification bar. If i select it, it should go away. Kind of annoying that i have to read the email and then clear the notification.
  2. Zodiac

Zodiac New Member

I will disappear once you have read all unread emails just make sure you don't hit the back button hit home instead
  3. sfinchler

sfinchler New Member

I'm having the same problem plus one. I'm going to try and remember to hit home instead of back to get out of the inbox and see if that helps.

My "plus one" problem is that in my POP3 mail if I mark messages as read, not opening them but either checking multiple emails and selecting "mark as read" or individually with a long-press, as soon as the inbox refreshes they're marked unread again and I get the notifications. Very frustrating since everytime I get the vibrate and tone I check my phone, only to see the same messages I already marked as read.

I'm using Touchdown for my Exchange mail and that seems to work better (I said "seems" because the jury's still out) but it doesn't work for POP3.
  4. atlharry

atlharry New Member

has anyone tried clicking the "clear" button at the upper right hand corner of the screen when the notification tab has been pulled down?
  5. sktech

sktech New Member

My main issue now is the pop email account on the Droid won't notify me when I have new emails. Even though I have set the refresh rate at 5 minutes, I'd have to manually go into the pop email account for it to refresh. I rely heavily on my phone for my business and have actually lost sales because of this!!

Anyone have any fixes short of syncing my pop email with Gmail?
  6. sfinchler

sfinchler New Member

Sketch, I've had the same problem where I don't get the notification until I go into the mail app. I have a friend that's trying to convince me to forward all my mail through Gmail too but I really don't want to deal with that.
  7. ac02285

ac02285 New Member

I have the same exact problem as sfinchler and sktech. I would rather not have all my email accounts forward email to the gmail account, so a fix for this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Search tags for this page
android clear e-mail notificaton

android clear email notification

android email not clearing

android email notification not clearing

android exchange email notifications not clearing

android pop mail clear notification
clear notifications android
cleared e mails but still.notification ahpwing on android
how to clear email notification on android
how to clear my hp email notification even after i read