Email not synching after inactivity

s0nlxaftrsh0ck

Reaction score
hm...another thing i did was made sure my accounts were all synced up within account management. Besides that..i honestly don't know why it gets funky like that...

Artex88

Reaction score
hm...another thing i did was made sure my accounts were all synced up within account management. Besides that..i honestly don't know why it gets funky like that...

What do you mean "synced up" under account management?? You mean the 'My Accounts' menu?? This issue is starting to annoy the heck out of me, I'm sick of saying "Oh, you sent me an email? when? half hour ago?? awesome."

s0nlxaftrsh0ck

Reaction score
Yeah. I re-synced all of my accounts before i realized i disabled that power management widget.

angep

Reaction score
Ah okay..so i'm not the only one with this problem..

i tried syncing my accounts, changing battery mode and nothing as of yet.

EDIT: don't know if this will solve the problem but i think the power manager widget may have something to do with it. Tap and hold your screen for a sec and wait for the widget window to come up. Go to android widgets and scroll all the way down to power control. Tap it and make sure you have at least 4 squares of space or so as it's quite huge...

There should be five icons going left to right it should be

Wifi, bluetooth, gps, sync, and brightness.

If your sync is grayed out and doesn't have a green line under it then it's shut off. Tap it to activate it and let that "should" get you back to your mails being delivered to you automatically. Hope this helps

Mine was grayed out, and once I did this, my email came through right away. Thank you and hopefully that fixes it permanently.

s0nlxaftrsh0ck

Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked for someome!

maybe if we can replicate the sync-stops maybe we can figure out why peoples corporate e-mails aren't working correctly?

Artex88

Reaction score
Mine sync indicator was not, and is not grayed out. Besides, when the phone is unlocked it appears to sync fine, it's only when you LOCK the phone that the syncing stops. It may continue to sync for a while immediately after locking, but it will eventually stop. The only other odity i've noticed is that when the phone is locked, it appears to drop whatever wireless connection it had before it was locked... and then as soon as it's unlocked, besides finding my corp mail hasn't synced, I see that it re-acquires the wireless signal as if it just found it.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but what I DO know is that this is NOT happening to my coworkers HTC Incredible (I'm using Droid 2). His phone syncs perfectly to the same mail server I'm using, with the same settings I'm using, whether it's locked or not. I'm rapidly becoming less attached to my physical keyboard...

transtead

Reaction score
I had the same issue, and the below solution worked for me. The only addition is that I needed to turn my phone off and on again to re-authenticate my account with my company's exchange server.

All good now.dancedroid

I had this same problem. I don't know what caused my sync to stop working but I wasn't syncing any of my email accounts, corporate sync, or calendar automatically. It took me a few days to figure it out but I was able to resolve the issue.

Solution: Settings/Accounts, select one account, Remove account. Then Add account, and add it back. All my emails and calendars started to sync.

If you don't want to remove the corporate sync account (I didn't because it was a pain to set up) and you don't have any other email accounts on your phone, try adding a new one.

Cheers.

ba-b4

Reaction score
Turning off the phone and resyncing is NO answer especially for corporate use! This is something that's also happening on my Droid 2 global. This must be a bug for sure. I've tried everything and nothing fixes this permanently. This sux!

wingdo

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue except when I hit refresh, it still won't update. The only time it updates it seems is when I am out of the building using a 3g signal.

Depending on how the DNS records are setup, if you are on WiFi at work, you'll probably have sync issues. I don't sync when I am at work on WiFi as the internal server name / IP address is different from the external server name / address.

Does it sync over WiFi when you are at home?

WD Allan

Reaction score
I've been having this same issue with the email stopping to download after a time. Its what brought me to your forums. I deleted the appropriate accounts and then added them again and for me, this has now apparently resolved the issue at least temporarily. I tested an email and it did come through after a morning of no emails.

I do hope they update this glitch before too long.

neevacandida

Reaction score
Frustrating

The thing that I find most frustrating is that when I first purchased the phone the syncing was working fine. I was getting my corporate email, contacts and calendar. I had to use my webmail address as my server but never had a moments trouble.

However, a couple of weeks ago it just stopped. After trying several recommendations I found online I deleted my corporate account and then re-added it. Email began syncing for a little while. However, my corp calendar does not even appear as available. I must manually sync my emails from time-to-time. Contacts are also gone now.

*sigh*

l1tilr

Reaction score
EDIT: don't know if this will solve the problem but i think the power manager widget may have something to do with it. Tap and hold your screen for a sec and wait for the widget window to come up. Go to android widgets and scroll all the way down to power control. Tap it and make sure you have at least 4 squares of space or so as it's quite huge...

There should be five icons going left to right it should be

Wifi, bluetooth, gps, sync, and brightness.

If your sync is grayed out and doesn't have a green line under it then it's shut off. Tap it to activate it and let that "should" get you back to your mails being delivered to you automatically. Hope this helps

that was my issue... Thanks for the solution! dancedroid

WD Allan

Reaction score
The synch button didn't work for me on my Droid2. I'm beginning to wish that I HAD gotten a Blackberry after all instead of the Droid. I may bring the thing back and go with a Blackberry anyhow if they don't come up with an update fix soon to solve this problem. You can download the K-9 email add from the marketplace icon that DOES work! I am getting emails again with that. Verizon told me in an email that both they and Motorola are well aware of the problem and are working on a fix that they said is due out soon???

When, in 2012? lol