Email - have Gmail acct - mail gets deleted from gmail, when deleting from phone -

mdsd77

Reaction score
I did a search of the Dinc2 forum found no similar posts -

here is the deal, I receive my emails from my Gmail acct - then when I delete on my phone it updates the server? and is gone from my Gmail acct.

Yeah I check the IMAP settings, I have "Auto Expunge" set to "Off" - so what I want to do is check my emails on my phone, delete from my phone, but leave a copy marked as read on the server - so when I log onto a computer it is there and marked as read.

any ideas how I accomplish this?

thanks.. MD

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Different strokes for different folks. But I don't understand why you would want it like that. Whatever floats your boat, but I want my phone and tablet to delete my email from my server account. Otherwise I would have to then go in and manage everything on my computer. Touching every email again... yuck. Not hurting anything to have 1,000 emails on your phone, in case you are worried about space or something.

Not sure where you would set that but I would think it has to be possible. Did you check you Gmail account settings on the computer? Maybe something in there?

Also I don't think this is specific to the Dinc2. You might want to ask in the GENERAL forum...

OP
M

mdsd77

Reaction score
actually been fidlin around with it this morning - her is what I found, --- If I use the GMAIL app - it does udate the server, so a deleted email from my phone is deleted from my server and sent to the Trash....

but if I use the Mail app on my phone and delete it , it stays on my gmail as I told it not to update the server thru gmail ...

so GMAIL APP is like using your GMAIL - MAIL APP is different..

as for deleting and wanting it on my server - well I do not like having emails on my phone, and would like to review what I received, I know sounds effed up but sometimes I erase stuff I want to get back..

so I took the GMAIL app (red letter M) off the phone pages and kept the Mail app on there... One thing I do notice is the Gmail app receive is instantaneous and the other takes a little bit to get it... even when set to push mail