Deleting Gmail from the Droid that is already deleted in Gmail

Daniel01760

Reaction score
Good afternoon all. I have my first Droid and am confused. Email that I have deleted in Gmail via PC still appears on the Droid. Is this a synch issue or just a matter of settings? At the same time, I show email in my "inbox" on the Droid that is actually in a non-inbox folder when I access Gmail via PC.

Thanks for the help!
~Dan Mahoney

evan2001

Reaction score
Good afternoon all. I have my first Droid and am confused. Email that I have deleted in Gmail via PC still appears on the Droid. Is this a synch issue or just a matter of settings? At the same time, I show email in my "inbox" on the Droid that is actually in a non-inbox folder when I access Gmail via PC.

Thanks for the help!
~Dan Mahoney

I think so, check you setting in the google mail app and the sync settings. Because mine does update

-e

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Also look for the option on your phones Gmail to delete messages from server after reading on your phone. With that checked you wont see the emails twice. If you get one you want to keep, just mark it as unread on your phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

Daniel01760

Reaction score
Thank You!

Thank you both for your input. As it turns out, I was using a (I guess) generic email app to view my Gmail as it is the one the Verizon salesperson used to activate my account. Once I activated the Gmail app, it showed me email as I see it on the PC and is totally in synch!

Mary614

Reaction score
I seem to have a similar problem, and have searched forums, etc., and still am confused. Any help with this would be appreciated.

My year-old Motorola Droid has been good in terms of using Gmail all along, until just lately. Now, it seems to go and fetch all the old deleted (trash can) emails that I have already deleted, and they show up again and again.

I deleted them repeatedly until I just decided to look in here for help instead.

My Sync settings seem fine (all three are "On"), and I have cleared the cache thingie under "managing applications", (not that it showed any data there).

I am no computer person, so any ideas or advice would be welcome.
Thanks so much.

Mary614

Reaction score
<groan>

Right after I posted that, I found something saying to go to the LABELS to set individual sync settings. I didn't even know there were unique sync choices for those.

I will try this instead; any ideas are still welcome, just wanted to add this.

And, could someone please tell me what "Imap" means? Sorry, I am an ignoramus. :)