Elephone P7000 - High end spec'd flagship for a fraction of the cost

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are just too many unanswered questions to throw down $200 right now.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Why are the Chinese phones always huge? They had me until 5.5"

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Though the webpage states $159.99, the pre-order page has it at $219. and a $5. coupon. I think I'll order one just to have the ability to change the OS every week....

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
if I could use this on VZW I would buy this in a heartbeat... sometimes I wish the other carriers had decent coverage where I live... I know of about 3 places near my house that big red fizzles out a bit, I know of about 30 that the other carriers have issue with..

and... I've got unlimited data still...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I really haven't seen or heard of any Chinese devices take off in the US yet. Even larger manufacturers like Huawei are struggling to gain a real foothold in the US, despite their low priced upper mid range devices. I think there are still too many questions & concerns involved and people are hesitant to make the commitment, even at a 200 dollar price point. You "read" about folks being interested, but nobody really ever follows through. (At least that I know of) Personally, I think its going to take a lot more than an inexpensive device to covert people.
Just my 2 cents.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Looks like it's a 5" version of the P7000. Should support TMO

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Both the P7000 and P3000 support Tmobile bands.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I really haven't seen or heard of any Chinese devices take off in the US yet. Even larger manufacturers like Huawei are struggling to gain a real foothold in the US, despite their low priced upper mid range devices. I think there are still too many questions & concerns involved and people are hesitant to make the commitment, even at a 200 dollar price point. You "read" about folks being interested, but nobody really ever follows through. (At least that I know of) Personally, I think its going to take a lot more than an inexpensive device to covert people.
Just my 2 cents.

S5 tap'n
Companies like Huawei and Xiaomi have not targeted the US market. China is the largest market in the world and these guys are doing fine. Keep on eye on Mi and IUNI. These guys will blow Sammy and the rest out of the water with high quality and super low pricing.

Check this link it may surprise you..

Best Chinese Android smartphones 2015 edition

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Can't get the link to work on my phone, I'll definitely check it out on my pc tomorrow.

BTW, I don't doubt these companies make a quality product, I'm simply saying that their point of origin may be working against them, at least here in the US. There have been a number of news stories regarding devices from Chinese manufacturers and it has more to do with trust & security than it does quality & price. Here's an article that better explains what I mean. Congressional report U.S. should view with suspicion two Chinese companies CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs
While we have our own issues with our govt, the NSA & spying, many folks in the US simply question the security of using a Chinese manufacturered phone.
I for one think it's a valid concern. But then my tin foil hat may be on just a bit too snug.

S5 tap'n

wesmad

Reaction score
I hate being on Verizon. Service is actually terrible at my house, can't get any phones like this to toy around with... But unlimited is impossible to give up...

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
@wesmad I give up a lot just to keep unlimited. I can't buy subsidized phones, I pay more than a comparable plan on Verizon, and each month I'm out of contract, I get more and more dependent on Verizon's 4G LTE data drug; but that's another story.

@cr6 These Chinese companies also have me worried when it comes to privacy. This is the biggest reason why I stopped using the MIUI ROM way back when. They had some sort of End User agreement that was in Chinese, but basically said that they would be able to see any data that was used by the ROM, and that I had to agree that I was OK with that. Granted, that's just one example, still, for a country where public privacy is not really a concern, like it is in the U.S. ...., well, that could also be my misconception and may not be true, but my misconception will keep me from buying Chinese. If Chinese phone companies want my business, they will have to earn it!

Or make it dirt cheap so that I won't care about my privacy.

Did I say that out loud?

And with that, I wish Motorola had stayed an American telecommunications hardware company. I will miss them. Ironically, I'm typing this rant on a Lenovo laptop.

Reactions: cr6

jakenader123

Reaction score
This is my dream phone,it says it supports 3g wcdma so I'm guessing it works on Verizon. Also the nand flash read and write is 100 mb/s. Stock android, big battery removable battery, 5.5 inch screen which is the perfect size.