[UPDATE} Elephone P8000.. Flagship Specs At An Affordable Price

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am almost wondering if the cost to go cdma/lte and incorporate the right to Sprint and (mainly) Verizon bands are keeping smaller companies from installing them. I say that because with the Nexus 6 showing you can make a device that works on all (or almost all) carriers I would have thought more companies would try and reverse engineer the idea. Again I think it may be more to it then just installing the radios. You may have to deal with Verizon and most of those companies would rather sell phones and let the customer deal with the carriers.

Remember Google didn't get it right the first time (Galaxy Nexus).

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I am almost wondering if the cost to go cdma/lte and incorporate the right to Sprint and (mainly) Verizon bands are keeping smaller companies from installing them. I say that because with the Nexus 6 showing you can make a device that works on all (or almost all) carriers I would have thought more companies would try and reverse engineer the idea. Again I think it may be more to it then just installing the radios. You may have to deal with Verizon and most of those companies would rather sell phones and let the customer deal with the carriers.

Remember Google didn't get it right the first time (Galaxy Nexus).
They can produce a phone with a dual radio. The issue is, will Verizon allow that phone to access their network?

creaky

Reaction score
Does this phone support all At&t LTE bands?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
They can produce a phone with a dual radio. The issue is, will Verizon allow that phone to access their network?

As long as I have a device already activated on Verizon, if I take out the SIM card, and put it in the New Device, I should be good to go.

This was the process used to activate Nexus 6's on Verizon when they didn't do it.

Reactions: cr6

RyanPm40

Reaction score
^^ Exactly. That, and there are still plenty of other carriers who use CDMA. I feel like a lot of people are making the switch to the smaller carriers, like Republic Wireless, lately.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
UPDATE:

Elephone has just informed me of the new P8000 Version B for the US market.

Looks like they now cover all US carrier GSM bands making the device a bargain at $169.99

P8000 Version B for America supports these bands:

• TDD-LTE:band 41 (2500)
  • FDD-LTE:band 2/4/7/17(700/1700/1900/2600)
  • WCDMA:band 2/4/5(850/1700/1900)
  • GSM:band 2/5/8(850/900/1900)