Elephone P7000 Full Video Review by DroidForums

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Video created by @Jeffrey.​

We have an intriguing treat for you folks today! One of our staff members, @Jeffrey, put together a well-crafted video review of the new Elephone P7000 smartphone from China (but available internationally through third party online retailers).

The Elephone P7000 boasts very solid specs and an affordable $230 USD equivalent price. Here's the breakdown:
  • MTK6752 SoC
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 16GB of storage (SD-card expandable)
  • 5.5" 1080p display
  • 3450 mAh battery
  • 13 MP F/2.0 rear camera, 5 MP front camera
  • LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, etc.
Be sure to check out @Jeffrey's review above, and let us know what you think of this remarkably affordable flagship-level device. Could Elephone make solid in-roads into the US market?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How many times can I like that post and video review. @Jeffrey you did an outstanding job with the review. You highlighted the basics, showed off the phone, and talked to the audience like they were new to android while not talking down to the experienced users. I can not say enough how good of a job you did and hope you do some more reviews in the future.

As far as the phone goes I am definitely interested.

What version of Android was that because it looked a lot like JB or KK.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't believe they are in the Tablet business.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Elephone reports that there is still a 2 week wait for the P7000. Has anyone ordered one?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Elephone reports that there is still a 2 week wait for the P7000. Has anyone ordered one?
I am thinking that may be the norm for some of these smaller named companies. They can not afford to keep a lot of inventory on the shelves and it is hard to anticipate whether the hype will actually translate into sells.
For me the most important (or one of the most important) thing is both the quality assurance and when you get a bad device how long it takes to get a return as well as how long it takes the manufacturer to correct the flaw for future devices. That is why I passed on the One Plus. The bad pub early as well as customers still getting devices with screen issues scared me away. Yeah companies like Samsung, Apple, and other manufacturers are subject to the same thing, but most of the time customers are able to get a replacement fairly quick, mainly because of the many distribution centers the larger manufacturers have.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You make a valid point @pc747 You just can't take the phone to the local BestBuy or VZW store. You need to figure a week to ship the phone back and a week to receive a replacement. There is difference in value added service when buying a $700. device vs a $200. device.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You make a valid point @pc747 You just can't take the phone to the local BestBuy or VZW store. You need to figure a week to ship the phone back and a week to receive a replacement. There is difference in value added service when buying a $700. device vs a $200. device.
True.

That extra $500 is for advertising, r&d, and convenience.

As a secondary or traveling phone elephone is a definite buy, and even for a primary. But the user better make sure they have a backup ready to go because as you pointed out it could take 2 weeks, or even longer if it gets backed up in the customs line, to get a replacement.

For the microwave generation that could be the 'no' that keeps them from pulling the trigger. In this day and age if you take longer than 5 mins to respond the customer may see it as a sign of disrespect.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
True.

That extra $500 is for advertising, r&d, and convenience.

As a secondary or traveling phone elephone is a definite buy, and even for a primary. But the user better make sure they have a backup ready to go because as you pointed out it could take 2 weeks, or even longer if it gets backed up in the customs line, to get a replacement.

For the microwave generation that could be the 'no' that keeps them from pulling the trigger. In this day and age if you take longer than 5 mins to respond the customer may see it as a sign of disrespect.
I have been using the P7000 full time for over a week with no issues. But a week is not a long time.