Editing text

peterdroid

Reaction score
When I'm writing a text message or email, I often look back up a couple of lines and realize that I've screwed something up or the auto-fill software has added a strange word. I can't figure out how to go back up and rejigger the problem without starting at the end and destructively backspacing all the way to where the issue is. Is there a non-destructive backspace function? How about the equivalent of the arrow keys on a PC?

KevinJ

Reaction score
Just touch the screen where the text is and the cursor will move to the area. It's a little tricky if you use the virtual keyboard.

If you use the regular keyboard, you can use the D pad to move up to where you want, and make your changes. I do both all the time.

OP
P

peterdroid

Reaction score
Non-destructive backspace

Thanks -- I've used both of those techniques. My fingers are too large for accurate virtual keyboard cursor movement (I have trouble getting to the top line). I'll try the D thing again.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Thanks -- I've used both of those techniques. My fingers are too large for accurate virtual keyboard cursor movement (I have trouble getting to the top line). I'll try the D thing again.

I use my finger to touch the screen and get the cursor close to where I need it, and then the D-pad for the fine tuning to the exact spot. Seems to work the quickest for my non-touchscreen-evolved fingers.