Editing text

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by peterdroid, Mar 17, 2010.

1. peterdroid

peterdroid New Member

When I'm writing a text message or email, I often look back up a couple of lines and realize that I've screwed something up or the auto-fill software has added a strange word. I can't figure out how to go back up and rejigger the problem without starting at the end and destructively backspacing all the way to where the issue is. Is there a non-destructive backspace function? How about the equivalent of the arrow keys on a PC?
  2. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

Just touch the screen where the text is and the cursor will move to the area. It's a little tricky if you use the virtual keyboard.

If you use the regular keyboard, you can use the D pad to move up to where you want, and make your changes. I do both all the time.
  3. peterdroid

peterdroid New Member

Non-destructive backspace

Thanks -- I've used both of those techniques. My fingers are too large for accurate virtual keyboard cursor movement (I have trouble getting to the top line). I'll try the D thing again.
  4. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

I use my finger to touch the screen and get the cursor close to where I need it, and then the D-pad for the fine tuning to the exact spot. Seems to work the quickest for my non-touchscreen-evolved fingers.
Search tags for this page

android keyboard nondestructive backspace

android non destructive backspace

cursor moves up a row when deleting using auto text on andro
destructive backspace android
how do you move cursor in text message droid razr m
how to edit auto text message on droid 4
iphone non destructive backspace
motorola android non destructive backspace
non destructive backspace on android phone
nondestructive backspace lg g3