SwiftKey back arrow buggy after ICS update

TWC42

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when texting, using SwiftKey, that the back arrow makes the cursor jump randomly around the message, rather than just backspace? Seems to have started after the ICS upgrade. Google search turns up nada regarding this bug. SwiftKey is up to date, AFAIK. Non-rooted Rezound.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh this was something we found a while ago, older versions of swiftkey don't work and were pretty buggy on the Rezound. Swiftkey 3 and up do work though.

flamewalker

Reaction score
Uninstall and reinstall SwiftKey. Works nearly perfect for me on 5 and now 12 ruu. I don't know how I ever managed without it!

tc1

Reaction score
It's always done that for me. Keyboard is awesome except for the.

Really irritating to be zipping through a text only to realize that the cursor had jumped into the middle of a paragraph

OP
TWC42

TWC42

Reaction score
Got the latest SwiftKey 3 (paid version). Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Didn't help. While the problem that I'm experiencing is that in a text message, the back arrow causes the cursor to jump to the top line, and then seems to work normally from there, I found a SwiftKey forum where others are describing a problem where the back arrow not only causes the cursor to jump around, but adds letters to the text. The complaints are recent (July 2012),
Swiftkey is unusable on discussion forums. Using the back arrow key to move the cursor backwards adds repeat character, cursor jumps around
Hope SwiftKey jumps on a fix soon.

flamewalker

Reaction score
Do you have other keyboard software, or have you in the past? I wonder if maybe some other software is interfering with it somehow... Another keyboard or maybe some other software...

OP
TWC42

TWC42

Reaction score
Do you have other keyboard software, or have you in the past? I wonder if maybe some other software is interfering with it somehow... Another keyboard or maybe some other software...
Not on this phone.

Edit. The back arrow bug is NOT on my wife's Incredible 4G. She has SwiftKey 3 and the phone came with ICS installed.

Last edited:

Schimm

Reaction score
I have this problem on my nexus 7. Definitely a bug floating around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
TWC42

TWC42

Reaction score
Just got an update to SwiftKey 3 and it didn't fix the back arrow bug on my Rezound.