1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Eclipse ICS 1.3 and GMail

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Roms' started by buellboy9, Mar 19, 2013.

1. buellboy9

buellboy9 New Member

Google has an updated GMail app out in Google Play, but it won't install on Eclipse ICS 1.3. I'm wondering if it is because there is a custom version of GMail on there? It gives me a message that the installed version isn't signed correctly and I should uninstall it before trying to install the new version... but I'm afraid to try... anyone else see this?:frown:
  2. deduct

deduct New Member

I would not update it. I am on eclipse 1.2 and noticed that there is an update available for gmail as well. Even if it did take you would lose inverted gmail. So, not worth it.
  3. zeroxia

zeroxia New Member

You can try removing the Gmail.apk file from /system/app, with the help of Root Explorer. Then reboot and install from play store.
  4. buellboy9

buellboy9 New Member

I'm thinking I could do the same thing with TiBu... but I'm also afraid of damaging the ROM. I don't care about "inverted GMail." That really isn't important to me. Having the latest updates and fixes is more important.
Search tags for this page

bionic eclipse rom 1.3

bionic eclipse update google apps
do you need gapps with eclipse ics bionic 1.3
eclipse rom how update gmail