[EB01 WALKTHROUGHS] Rooting, Clockwork, Voodoo, Stock and Custom ROM, Battery, etc

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was rereading the instructions and Im not sure if I missed a step...i dont remember doing it...

Is it safe to say that if I didnt do the Odin of : Download the EB01 Froyo modem
That my phone wouldnt be working? I just dont remember doing this?
What is this for?

Thanks!!!
go to menu/settings/about phone and look at your baseband version
should say EB01

if not go back and ODIN it....it will improve batt life/reception/data transfer rates etc....plus you can have sms/mms issues, dropped calls, dropped data without it

ireash

Reaction score
It does indeed...I guess Im good to go then!!! I just didnt remember if I did that...I was frustrated at that point so wasnt thinking very clearly!!

It reads

S;i500.04 V.EB01

Thanks for everything!

ireash

Reaction score
My phone Kicks ASS Now!!!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_eek::)

kort0175

Reaction score
Ok got the file. Thank you. Now a newb question again. Is manual download the stock recovery? Cause Odin isn't seeing the phone when I plug it in. The vol down +power doesn't seem to do anything.

NM got it.

Last edited:

Vyvid

Reaction score
Great thread as usual tap.

Sent from a SuperClean Galaxy far, far away.

kort0175

Reaction score
Ok now I have rooted and CWM and backedup. What is the difference in these two roms?

super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip
EC10SC292x_DXC.tar

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Ok now I have rooted and CWM and backedup. What is the difference in these two roms?

super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip
EC10SC292x_DXC.tar

Same rom except one has a voodoo kernel.

The ec10sc292x_dxc.tar is an odin flash and the zip you do in cwmr.

The v is for voodoo. All the odin files I believe are all non vodoo. Voodoo changes the files from rfs to ext4 which is faster. Your phone will be a little quicker and sound better also the color will be better if your run 100% brightness but that's only if you flash an alternate EC10voodoo kernel that has that added. Never flash non voodoo over voodoo.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

Last edited:

kort0175

Reaction score
Got ya. But I can go voodoo after through CWM right? Any difference in the 2 methods odin/cwm? Or is it all personal pref?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Got ya. But I can go voodoo after through CWM right? Any difference in the 2 methods odin/cwm? Or is it all personal pref?

are you rooted with froyo yet?

I did the ODIN first, which is the easiest way to start. Now I only use CWM Recovery. It's quick, easy and you do it all on your phone. Just try to have battery around 100% when flashing ROMs as it can mess with battery percentage a little bit.

So if you don't have froyo yet, I would use the all in one ODIN packages. It's done by your computer and your phone is connected via usb.

After that, I would suggest getting familiar with cwm recovery.