[ROM][3/28/11] DarkREVENGE v4.0 Beta- NEW!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to thatdudebutch over at XDA......

Orig link: [ROM][3/28/11] DarkREVENGE v4.0 Beta- NEW! - xda-developers

icon1.gif
[ROM][3/28/11] DarkREVENGE v4.0 Beta- NEW!
I thought I would make a ROM for you guys. This has been a collaborative effort by some of the greats in IRC. This thread will be maintained by them as well. Big thanks to Nitsuj17 and Kenesis for giving us a couple base UI themes and DiGi for design help.

The objective here was to give you many mods and options all in one place with a significantly different experience than you would have with a stock ROM. I hope we have accomplished that.
cool.gif

>>Important Notes: Please read the whole post before flashing.<<

DO NOT USE CLOCKWORK 3.0 (ORANGE) TO FLASH ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD, IT HAS BEEN WIDELY ACCEPTED BY THOSE IN IRC AND ELSEWHERE THAT EDIFY SCRIPTS AND OUR RECOVERY ARE NOT MESHING WELL WITH VOODOO CONVERSIONS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU HAVING TO ODIN. THX!

ROM FEATURES

- Built off the stock EB01 lead, Deodexed and Zipaligned

- Custom malware profile

- Build prop edits for scrolling speed, also increased Wifi scanning intervals significantly as they were set to 15 seconds

- Voodoo or Non Voodoo kernel downloads available

- Modded TW Launcher

- All Sbrissens framework ports/mods including choice of five lockscreens, status bar clock options, AOSP answer mod, and Verizon carrier badging deletions, and now power toggles relocated

- Full Sense UI theme built off the latest Incredible_RUU including framework, settings, HTC Music, Media Provider, Swype, Market and more! (By Nitsuj17, check post #2 for screens!)

- Custom fonts added

- Themed MMS Mod (Thanks Kenesis)

- Hacked Camera Mod [Thanks GizmoDroid]

- Debinged Browser

- Pandora with no ads and unlimited skips

- Custom boot and shutdown animations

- Microbes Wallpaper preloaded by request

- More to come..

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT SETUP VIA CWR.
2. PERFORM A FULL WIPE, INCLUDING DALVIK BEFORE FLASHING.
3. DOWNLOAD ROM AND THE VOODOO OR NONVOODOO ZIP IN THIS THREAD.
4. PUT THE DARK REVENGE ZIP AND EB01 KERNEL ON ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD.
5. INSTALL FROM VOODOO CWR OR THE STANDARD CWR, DO NOT USE CWR 3.0 (ORANGE), THIS IS FOR AMEND SCRIPTS ONLY.*

** To verify you're download is not corrupted, please download this free software, Hashtabs: HashTab - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com for Windows. Right click on the zipdownload, Go to properties, click the file hashes tab and compare the md5 to the one listed below. If they are the same your download is good.
biggrin.gif

KERNELS
*V3 AND ABOVE NO LONGER INCLUDES KERNEL, IF YOU NEED AN EB01 KERNEL THEY ARE PROVIDED BELOW*
EB01 Voodoo: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

EB01 Nonvoodoo: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

ROM DOWNLOADS AND CHANGE LOG

Version 4.0

Changes since 3.0:
-Added full UI for Sense, almost everything themed, including the Espresso Sense lockscreen
-Added some GPS fixes, please report back.
-Replaced app_process and system_server binaries by the ones found in android 2.3.3_r1. They have been compiled from google official source and in theory should add some responsiveness to your phone.
-Also added a new themed market,
-Cleaned out framework even more and added some tweaks in the
battery charging xmls.

v4:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Hey do we have to use an eb01 kernel with this? Also it says full wipe im assuming that means a data wipe too? I haven't messed with any other roms than supercleans.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 w/jt's kernel Fascinate

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey do we have to use an eb01 kernel with this? Also it says full wipe im assuming that means a data wipe too? I haven't messed with any other roms than supercleans.

as far as i know yes...at least an EB01/EB01-EB16/EB10 kernel

but as i havent tested anything else on it i dont know for sure

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

as far as i know yes...at least an EB01/EB01-EB16/EB10 kernel

but as i havent tested anything else on it i dont know for sure

I flashed this with only a cache and dalvik wipe. Using the comavolt kernel and running nice and smooth.

Sent from my DRv4.0 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

yummylishouz

Reaction score
how do you like this?? im thinking of flashing it.. i have been on stock deodexed froyo for about a month now because all other roms were giving me problems.. but im a bit bored.. any problems with this so far? do any themes work with it?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
how do you like this?? im thinking of flashing it.. i have been on stock deodexed froyo for about a month now because all other roms were giving me problems.. but im a bit bored.. any problems with this so far? do any themes work with it?

I liked it quite a bit. I always seem to go back to sc though. No problems at all. It comes with a sense theme but I dont think any others are available.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

yummylishouz

Reaction score
i downloaded it.. so far there are two things ive noticed.. no boot ani.. just black screen?? is that what its supposed to be?? and also, no email app? besides gmail...?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Download it again. There's boot animation and the email.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

Reaction score
No navigator

I just downloaded this and it won't let me download google maps? did I do something wrong?

yummylishouz

Reaction score
so I downloaded again and everything is there now... quick question, does anyone know if this rom allows the phone to stop charging once the battery is fully charged? I like that feature cause I.charge over night often and don't want t to over charge!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums