[EB01 WALKTHROUGHS] Rooting, Clockwork, Voodoo, Stock and Custom ROM, Battery, etc

ireash

Reaction score
Ok so I think I got it going good. Thanks again to tap out for his help with this.

Im going to post my experience so other can learn from my lack of patience ;)

So I did get the phone to come up and start working initially and I had cell and data service. After a little while the phone started acting funny . I powered it down and back on and I had no cell service and the phone was freaking out again with a bunch of force close from some kind of google system function. It basically wouldn't let me do much. Just kept vibrating and foreclosing .

While my phone was working I did a restore of all my apps from my sd using astro so I am wondering if one of the google apps didn't like the root? I wouldn't thin that matters but what do i know. ;)

So I decided to reload the package....again....

This time I did a factory wipe AND wiped both caches and my phone has been running flawlessly and lightning fast ever since. I can send an email to my account with a picture attached and by time i get back to my email app it is there. This took about three hours prior to root......WTH ?????.?.??.....

So I dont know if I missed it and I was supposed to do a factory reset before loading but that seemed to do the trick! I'm not sure if i am going to move to the super franken clean. Is it much better than super clean 2.1? Is it worth redoing?

I have another question. It seems setcpu isn't compatible with this rom or something. Is there one that is or is it recommended?

This all actually makes me even more at samsung and verizon because this phone is amazing with root and froyo and cannot believe they would deny us this......RIDICULOUS!

Now for anyone not thinking about rooting.......don't think...just do it!

Here is what I learned.....

Be patient and don't get frustrated. As long as you got far enough to have the recovery packages and a zip file you can always get some kind of response from the phone...meaning you probably haven't a brick on your hands.

Backup anything you want to keep, on your sd card with whatever app you prefer. I use astro and launcher pro. Paid versions.

Read all the instructions before starting, completely. It helps. I didn't. I had problems....Nuff said. Lesson learned.

If you have problems do a factory wipe also. It helped me ....

This place has some great people willing to help newbs like me. I did manage to root my original droid back in the day also with help from this site. Use it ifnyou have problems. I had responses in minutes!

Again be patient. I actually had a better time of it after I had conceded that my phone was toast and I really didn't care what happened to it at that point.

Well I'm done typing.....I just wanted to let others know that there is no reason not to root. Your phone will flat out fly............8)

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
If you came from elcair (android 2.1) the reason you got the force close loop of hell is because you didn't data wipe. Switching from Superclean to another Superclean won't need a data wipe just cache and dalvik cache wipes.

2.9.2 is the best Superclean.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 w/jt's kernel Fascinate

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
And set cpu can not be used unless you have a modified kernel that allows set cpu to work. And that kernel does not come with Superclean.

ireash

Reaction score
And set cpu can not be used unless you have a modified kernel that allows set cpu to work. And that kernel does not come with Superclean.

Cool maybe I will go to 2.9.2 on Monday. Thanks for the info. I kinda figured it was the data wipe when it worked like a champ after ....:icon_ banana:

ireash

Reaction score
Ok so I have this loaded through Odin on my phone now:

EC10SC292x_DXC.tar.md5

And this loaded into my phone on the SD card.

super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv.zip

These two files are compatible and I should just be able to flash it in red CMW right?

Thanks guys again for all your help!

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

EC10SC292x_DXC.tar.md5

These two files are compatible and I should just be able to flash it in red CMW right?

Not exactly sure what you are asking here....the ODIN file you have is a non-wipe version you would use if your coming from SC v2.9.1 or earlier, the SC v2.9.2 zip on your sd card is a file you can flash by itsself in CWMR after wiping if you are coming from any other Rom aside from SC

ireash

Reaction score

EC10SC292x_DXC.tar.md5

Not exactly sure what you are asking here....the ODIN file you have is a non-wipe version you would use if your coming from SC v2.9.1 or earlier, the SC v2.9.2 zip on your sd card is a file you can flash by itsself in CWMR after wiping if you are coming from any other Rom aside from SC

Wow now I am confused....LOL

I came straight from 2.1 stock.

Im surprised my phone is even working then? I used EC10SC292x_DXC.tar.md5
in Odin and used super_clean_nv when I flashed the phone in Red recovery??

Is there anyway for me to tell what I exactly am running?

I guess since it is working and I like it I should just leave it??? 8)

ireash

Reaction score
Ok I am an Idiot..I see what you are saying now...they are one in the same per say...I didnt even look closely at the names....So where would I go to get the latest super_clean?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

EC10SC292x_DXC.tar.md5

Sorry i guess i was confused....

So you ODINed SC v2.9.2....then you flashed SC v2.9.2? why?

Either way you are running SC v2.9.2.....you didnt do anything wrong you just basically did the same thing twice

ireash

Reaction score

Either way you are running SC v2.9.2.....you didnt do anything wrong you just basically did the same thing twice

Yeah I guess what I didnt understand was the difference between the two files.

So if I understand right...The .tar.md5 file is for Odin and the .Zip files will let you come from any rom completely wipe the phone and intall the new??? Correct?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

So if I understand right...The .tar.md5 file is for Odin and the .Zip files will let you come from any rom completely wipe the phone and intall the new??? Correct?

Correct...

ireash

Reaction score

Correct...

Thanks...Im starting to understand the process a little better!

Im going to go read some on the forums....Lately thats all I have been doing!! :icon_eek::icon_eek:

But If it makes me better at this and I can pass on some knowledge its all good ...

thanks again!

ireash

Reaction score
Is there a difference between Super_clean292 and Super_frakenclean292?

ireash

Reaction score
I was rereading the instructions and Im not sure if I missed a step...i dont remember doing it...

Is it safe to say that if I didnt do the Odin of : Download the EB01 Froyo modem
That my phone wouldnt be working? I just dont remember doing this?
What is this for?

Thanks!!!