**EASY** Unofficial Guide To Installing CM9/CM10

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Edit: A reboot with cache wipe and factory reset did the trick. guess I'll be keeping JB for a while

original: CM10 disconnected from service for some reason... Not showing a phone number in system status. Not sure what the issue is. Everything else seems to work fine

Last edited:

meishkov

Reaction score
Ultim8gamr said:
Edit: A reboot with cache wipe and factory reset did the trick. guess I'll be keeping JB for a while

original: CM10 disconnected from service for some reason... Not showing a phone number in system status. Not sure what the issue is. Everything else seems to work fine

I'm still stock but just gathering as much info as I can before jumping in n risk losing data, even tho I'm pretty sure its retrievable at this point. But no phone # under about phone/status doesn't that mean mms doesn't work? Think I read that somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

thisiswang

Reaction score
I'm still stock but just gathering as much info as I can before jumping in n risk losing data, even tho I'm pretty sure its retrievable at this point. But no phone # under about phone/status doesn't that mean mms doesn't work? Think I read that somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
i flashed once and lost data. went back to stock. then figured a few days later that i did something wrong so i tried reflashing and i lost data again. so now i'm back to stock.

OP
squeekybigfoot
Reaction score
I am now running the Synergy rom and am noticing better performance overall (battery, speed, no force closes, camera etc.)

akiles

Reaction score
I was running the hybrid rom for a couple of hours. On that ROM (paranoidroid) the backlight on the touch buttons comes on if you set the screen light to auto. On my RAZR it was a similar setting running Th3ory's ROM.

View attachment 53918
So far what I don't like is lit up menu and back buttons aren't lighting up and the added bottom soft keys make the screen smaller, if any one figures out if these setting can be changed Please share!

bgechka9

Reaction score
Very Big Problem!!!

Im in deep trouble now, i flashed the rom and now everytime i try to boot the phone it give me a verizon message saying "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help." It says this everytime i want to boot into recovery and normally turning on the phone. I dont know what to do.

thisiswang

Reaction score
Im in deep trouble now, i flashed the rom and now everytime i try to boot the phone it give me a verizon message saying "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help." It says this everytime i want to boot into recovery and normally turning on the phone. I dont know what to do.

was your bootloader unlocked? did you try going into download mode and flash stock with odin?

akiles

Reaction score
First thing for you to do:
DO NOT panic.
What exactly did you flash? CM10? What build? 8/18? Where you unlocked?
You may be able to ODIN back.

Galaxysthreeguy

Reaction score
Same Issue

Installed latest version of CM10 for Verizon Galaxy S3 (d2vzw-CM10-invisiblek-KANG-08-16-2012-1820.zip). Have done this dozens of times but this time I get the same error that My Phone has Software not Authorized by Verizon. I can't get into Recovery or anything. Brick. Help....

akiles

Reaction score
Were you unlocked prior installing?
You may want to check out the cm10 thread at xda. An unlocked bootloader was a requirement.
You may have to ODIN back to stock.

Galaxysthreeguy

Reaction score
Thanks. All the prior updates worked fine. Not sure why this one caused so many problems. You happen to have a link on how to Odin back? Never done before. Thanks in advance.

bgechka9

Reaction score
Solved

Installed latest version of CM10 for Verizon Galaxy S3 (d2vzw-CM10-invisiblek-KANG-08-16-2012-1820.zip). Have done this dozens of times but this time I get the same error that My Phone has Software not Authorized by Verizon. I can't get into Recovery or anything. Brick. Help....

I actually just had the same problem today with my galaxy s3. Your bootloader had to be unlocked and you needed to use some kind of klex code or something. Anyway the way i got back was using odin. On the galaxy s3 hold (volume down+home+sleep/wake) then when a menu pops up press volume up. This is actually familiar cause u will b in download mode so next u use the program odin and in the pda box but the stock recover .tar file. Press start let the process go and u will boot up into stock rooted rom.

skatrx01

Reaction score
System software not authorized

I had the exact same problem with System software not authorized while attempting to install CM10. Thing is I cant get into recovery/download mode. Therefore I don't see how it is possible to use odin.

wil700xx

Reaction score
skatrx01 said:
I had the exact same problem with System software not authorized while attempting to install CM10. Thing is I cant get into recovery/download mode. Therefore I don't see how it is possible to use
Did u rey the volume / home button and power at the same time ?