DX Reboot problem

OP
C

calguy19

Reaction score
Are you saying EVERYONE with a Moto DX will have this reboot issue?

Also I just got the phone in January, and I'm locked into the 2 year contract. 600 bucks to POSSIBLY eliminate the problem is pretty expensive, especially since I've heard that gingerbread, being somewhat new, has its own set of issues.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Are you saying EVERYONE with a Moto DX will have this reboot issue?

Also I just got the phone in January, and I'm locked into the 2 year contract. 600 bucks to POSSIBLY eliminate the problem is pretty expensive, especially since I've heard that gingerbread, being somewhat new, has its own set of issues.

If they run an app that conflicts with the rom, then yes. The HTC sense phones have the same problems just not as common. Sense must be coded better.

The apps are written for stock Android and you are running a customized version of Android. Even if you don't install apps the preloaded ones can cause problems. If the app gets "confused" your phone will reboot, its that simple.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mmoo9154

Reaction score
This thread may be dead, but I do not see any real solution identified. My Droid X has had this same problem since I bought it. I keep the OS current. I don't know if it is "Gingerbread" as one poster suggested, but I can say it reports that the system is up to date. System version is reported as 4.4.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Model: DROIDX
Android version: 2.3.3
Baseband version: BP_C_01.09.13P
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g34b306d / bmvq37@zin22lnxdroid28#1
Build number: 4.5.1_57_DX5-35
ERI version: 5
PRL version: 52280

What is terribly frightening is that Tuesday morning, my phone spontaneously wiped itself back to factory fresh. I had installed a minesweeper game the day before. Maybe that was the cause, but I would be surprised. I have restored most settings, but I lost *all* of my TXT history as well as all call history.

VERY SCARY

If anyone else has seen this kind of spontaneous factory reset on Droid X (DX) or any other flavor or Android, PLEASE post.

OP
C

calguy19

Reaction score
I am the one who started this thread. It turns out most of my Droid problems don't get solved on this forrum, so I wind up resorting to other means to get these problems fixed. For this one, I returned the phone to Motorala and got a replacement. That seemed to fix the frequent spontaneous reboots, but I got another problem. The Home screens would suddenly lose all their contents, and it would take about 30 sec or so for it to reset itself. Again, no help on this forum, but I fixed that one also. I had my apps organized in many folders, like on my windows computers. Droids don't seem to like that, and the file containing all that info might have been corrupted. Fixed by going to All apps, Home, and clearing data. This reset the wallpaper to default, emptied all the folders while leaving most of the shortcuts and the folders themselves on the home screens. Then I vastly decreased the number of shortcuts I put into the folders. That fixed the home screen problem. Now phone virtually never crashes/reboots itself, and running trouble free. Running latest version of gingerbread. Never heard of phone spontaneously doing factory reset during a crash reboot, but maybe yor system got so screwed up the OS defaulted to a factory reset as its only option.

Not really a complete droid guru, but I'm guessing your phone has a hdwr problem and needs to be exchanged.

To restore apps to new phone, BEFORE you return the phone, download and install Astro file Manager. Go to TOOLS, Application backup, and back up everything possible to your SD card. Then put the SD card into replacement phone, Navigate to the backed up apps folder and restore Astro (Use built in file magr and tap on the appropriate apk file). Then open Astro and use it to restore all the other apps. Makes life much easier than going to Market and installing all your apps from some list, one by one.

Good luck.