DX Froyo Swype Theme / Skin

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
So I've spent most of my day today trying to find some answers on swype skins/themes. From what I understand each build of swype is made specifically for its device.... Droid 2 has a different build than the DX, ect. Most of what I can find however, is a little on the old side and may be out dated. So my question is, is there a way to theme/skin froyo's swype keyboard on the DX or any other device without me having to theme swype from scratch myself? Any help is greatly appreciated, and any new info is welcomed. To all who take the time to get involved with this thread thank you!

Talent

droid_freak

Reaction score
So I've spent most of my day today trying to find some answers on swype skins/themes. From what I understand each build of swype is made specifically for its device.... Droid 2 has a different build than the DX, ect. Most of what I can find however, is a little on the old side and may be out dated. So my question is, is there a way to theme/skin froyo's swype keyboard on the DX or any other device without me having to theme swype from scratch myself? Any help is greatly appreciated, and any new info is welcomed. To all who take the time to get involved with this thread thank you!

Talent

Have you thought about downloading one of the themes and mod'ing it to what you want?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Sry man but your being to vague. I can't find any themes or skins s for versions of swype that are preinstalled on newer devices. What themes are you talking about?

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
I tried metamorph, from what I came across it seemed like metamorph was only for the beta versions of swype, I'll check out the link.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Thank you very much... if anything I hope this thread is titled clear enough to help others! Thankx to all!

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Oh, i found that thread before posting this one, and tried to follow your opening instructions but at step 2....2 with a file manager like root explorer go into /data/app and find com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk.... i go into /data/ and is says the directory is empty... that threw me off. am i missing something? again im using the dx, thankx

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Oh, i found that thread before posting this one, and tried to follow your opening instructions but at step 2....2 with a file manager like root explorer go into /data/app and find com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk.... i go into /data/ and is says the directory is empty... that threw me off. am i missing something? again im using the dx, thankx
your swype apk will be in /system/app since it was pre installed,post in my thread to get better support