Dumb question

dkfloyd

Reaction score
How do I make sure that my apps, pics and everything else is getting saved to my sd card and not the phone itself? (or is it already)

(sorrrry)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do I make sure that my apps, pics and everything else is getting saved to my sd card and not the phone itself? (or is it already)

(sorrrry)

When you download them? Or when you save them from your computer to your phone?

If you know the file name, use Astro to search for it. (free market app) or if your card is mounted to your computer you can search your card from your computer.

The easiest thing would be to know where you download items to in the first place. They go to where you save them. If it is to downloads then it is on /sdcard/downloads, which is on your card.

Or...take your card out of the phone. If the files are gone, they are on your card.

bje1982

Reaction score

(sorrrry)

Apps go to /system/data and pics vids and music go on your card

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pics, music, etc are stored on the SD card. If you're mounting your SD card to copy such files over then there's no way to copy them anywhere but the SD card.

You can download apps to the SD card but you can't install them to the SD card without rooting.

OP
D

dkfloyd

Reaction score
Pics, music, etc are stored on the SD card. If you're mounting your SD card to copy such files over then there's no way to copy them anywhere but the SD card.

You can download apps to the SD card but you can't install them to the SD card without rooting.

Thank you. That is exactly the information I needed to know (was looking for). :)

4nefertiti

Reaction score

Sorry, I'm also a newby- What is rooting?