Saving pictures question, sd vs internal

sleddingfarmer

Reaction score
So my phone magically did the ICS update the other day. I don't really care, it is a little different, but I've figured it out. My phone doesn't seem to be any faster or slower. Although my battery life SUCKS now. I have the MAXX and used to make it to 11pm before I would get into the 'red' but now I seem to get there by 6-7 pm. I've been reading, and I've switched to 3g/4g instead of global, so I'll see if that helps. Or I'll switch to only 3g ( I read how to do it) since I live in 3g only area.

But my main question is this, I have 'Imgur' and 'The Chive' apps on my phone. Basically just social media/picture apps. My friends and I email and text each other pictures for fun. Now before ICS I could just 'save' the pictures, and they would save in my galler, so I could just simply send them or attach them to email. Now when I save, it says it is saving to my "SD card/The chiveblah blah blah". So they pictures are not in my gallery, and I can't figure out how to even get them from my sd card into my gallery.

I would like to make the phone how it was...so when I hit the menu button, and then 'save', the picture saves in my gallery.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
Brad

RTW0223

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem. I have no idea how to solve this. I did figure out, though, that the pictures saved from theChive app are stored in the Razr's internal memory, not the SD card. In trying to attach a picture to a text, it says invalid picture format, and, also, you cannot view them in My gallery. However, if you "move" the theChive folder from internal storage to SD card, you can view the pictures in My Gallery and you can send them via text. BUT, I don't want to have to move a picture every time I want to view it in my gallery or send it. How can this be fixed? Does anyone know?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF sleddingfarmer and rdw. I don't use My Gallery that often because of its limitations. You could try the QuickPic app and see if it makes a difference. It is a very popular alternative to the gallery. You can also set it to search for pics in specific folders so when you save a pic from Imgur or the chive, if you know which folder it saves to, you can include that folder in the places the QuickPic scans... although my experience has been that QuickPic finds all my pics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

RTW0223

Reaction score
Welcome to DF sleddingfarmer and rdw. I don't use My Gallery that often because of its limitations. You could try the QuickPic app and see if it makes a difference. It is a very popular alternative to the gallery. You can also set it to search for pics in specific folders so when you save a pic from Imgur or the chive, if you know which folder it saves to, you can include that folder in the places the QuickPic scans... although my experience has been that QuickPic finds all my pics.

I just downloaded it. I can view all mypics in it. Yet i am still having the unsupported file format problem when i try to send the pic to a friend.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hmm, I'm stuck why it doesn't work. Has there been any recent updates on the apps that you use to send pics. Go into those apps in settings and try clearing cache to see if that works. Or try uninstalling and re-installing those apps if possible.