Dumb Droid Flaw!

slinky

Reaction score
OK... I have discovered why many of my calls have problems with answering. When I pick up the phone, I realize I am hitting the camera button inadvertently. The phone then goes epileptic and can't do anything but try to take control of the camera lens (of course, answering the call isn't as important.) It's the same issue as the volume indicator going up and down and the need for something like ring guard. Couldn't they have put the camera button somewhere else, even at the top of the phone where you don't usually press when picking it up?

Motorola did a good job of initial design but so many of these things could have been solved with a modicum of QA!!!!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Should send an email of that to the company. I never noticed this.

Guchi

Reaction score
Motorola did a good job of initial design but so many of these things could have been solved with a modicum of QA!!!!

thats always been their think, design the best phone and then by production have it ever so slightly wrong. I think the slider mechanism also falls under this umbrella, have you ever used the slider on a G1?

brando56894

Reaction score
Yea me either, I actually have to hold down the camera button for a few seconds for it to open the camera app idk if thats stock behavior or not since I only had my droid for 2 days before I rooted it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're having an issue with that camera button and phone calls, download the app that makes the camera button answer the phone calls. Problem solved. :)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you're having an issue with that camera button and phone calls, download the app that makes the camera button answer the phone calls. Problem solved. :)

Hahahaha. Hook saves the day again..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Alot of this is supposed to be fix in 2.2, except obviously where the button is and I agee, the buttons for camera and volume are in terrible spots, and also are ery flimsy.. (ie: You dont even know you hit them 1/2 the time)

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
Hook whats the app called?

Tedd's Droid Tools Beta

Cool, thanks. Regarding the camera button sensitivity, taking a picture requires a click but if you hit that button slightly, the camera function seizes control of the phone to work with the lens. Phone goes haywire trying to connect the two. It's maddening and the phone could crash. Thanks for this.

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Odd, for my camera button to activate I gotta hold it for like 2 seconds

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
Odd, for my camera button to activate I gotta hold it for like 2 seconds

Really? You just touch the button on mine like any other and it activates. Same with the big volume buttons which ALWAYS get press and usually turn off the ringer altogether! That's why ring guard or camera guard or whatever are ESSENTIAL with this phone. You'd think nobody at Motorola ever used it before release, lol.

SpykeZ

Reaction score
that's really weird, I thought I may have been silly and just rechecked and I can hit my camera button all day and it doesn't do anything unless I hold it down, gives me a virbrate pulse then activates camera.

nphil

Reaction score
Yeah, same here. I have to hold it down for 2 seconds for the camera to activate. Your button is probably damaged and permanently pressed in (There's two levels of press)

As for the volume button turning off the ringer.. that's the way it was intended and I find it useful for quieting my phone quickly.

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
Yeah, same here. I have to hold it down for 2 seconds for the camera to activate. Your button is probably damaged and permanently pressed in (There's two levels of press)

As for the volume button turning off the ringer.. that's the way it was intended and I find it useful for quieting my phone quickly.

My camera button is fine. It's just sensitive because if you pick up the phone and it touches the camera button, you usually do so for a full second or two before you manipulate the phone in your hand. All you have to do is press it down to level 1 and then it sets off the camera trying to start it up, as it is designed to do. My phone then goes into epilepsy.