Dropped phone - screen dims then brightens on wake

sa1

Reaction score
Hi, so I just knocked my new droid 2 global off my desk onto a rug (cement underneath) and it landed on the corner near the camera module, as shown by the crack in the case I just paid 30 bucks for! (Verizon rubberized case with holster). I pressed the power button to wake it to make sure it was ok, and I noticed that the screen will brighten, then dim, then brighten back quickly, almost like a slow flicker. Is this normal and I just never noticed it before or might the drop have messed something up? If so, I will go and exchange it. Also, do you think the Verizon store will give me a new case? :D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've dropped my D2 on my rug covered cement floor at least a dozen times and never had anything go wrong with it. No case either.

To answer your question, or try to answer the screen will dim and go to sleep if left unattended but if you make a motion it will light back up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon gives you a new case. It will depend upon either the Verizon store you go to or the CSR you speak to on the phone.

bart2546

Reaction score
I doubt Verizon will give you a new case but it can't hurt to try.

Unless it does it over and over I think the change in the screen you're seeing is due to the lighting change.

For example with my Droid X, if I wake it at a tilt in a room with a ceiling light it will be dim until I tilt the screen up to show more light on it and then it will brighten. This is because my settings are on auto for the brightness. It will brighten the screen to reduce glare. Try it in a couple different rooms. It is probably just the light sensor adjusting.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

OP
S

sa1

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the replies- I think it's ok, good thing I have another 20 days to determine for sure. Bart, I don't think it's the sensor- I have my brightness manually set all the way down but thanks for the suggestion. I compared with my buddy's d2g and his does the same thing. Just gotta see if I can get outta shellin out another 30 bucks!