Dropped 4G Data EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!

jawknee

Reaction score
finally went to the Verizon corporate store to get my sim card replaced. didn't solve the problem.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
I'm not sure if all of you have done this or not, but make damn sure to call Verizon and report all of the data issues that you're having!!! I mean call them every other day or so until their phones ring off the hook!

They really need to be aware of just how many people are going through this crap with their network combined with the Moto phones. I have always favored Verizon AND Motorola devices for years, but there is no reason that this should take months to correct (IMHO) and I have had this problem since early May and today is June 20th, come on Verizon. However I do know how business works in general, and if enough customers call and really let them have an ear full...it will get things done sooner vs. later once they realize how large this problem really is AND how if enough customers are furious over this issue, that it will eventually cause VZ to start loosing money as people start to look to other carriers. With my first two calls into VZ, they claimed that after some research that there was nothing wrong on their end. Now they at least are admitting that there are some major issues going on because so many people are going through it now. I am also quick to let VZ techs know as well that I communicate regularly with people like you all in the forums and that I KNOW FOR A FACT that many people are having this problem and therefore I will not accept any answers that imply that it's an isolated issue or that it's just my phone...BULLSH*T!!!

Overall I think Verizon has the best/most established 4G-LTE network, so I don't think I'll be leaving them too soon after being with them for the last 22 years, but they don't know that. Just remind them that you are "considering" leaving them for another carrier if they don't get their sh*t together and soon!!! Hopefully that will help light a fire under them to get this all worked out quickly...this is ridiculous considering the prices that we pay for these phones as well as for their service!! Don't feel shy either about asking them for credit for your data since it's surely not working correctly (and for some of us, it's really not working AT ALL). Giving us credit is something that they HATE to do, so that also will help get them in gear to correct this problem before having to give credit to the masses. Good luck all.

P.S. - I am STILL getting drops ALL DAY, EVERYDAY, and things have NOT gotten any better since I started this post!! I'm really PISSED AND FRUSTRATED!

thekyguy11

Reaction score
4g data drops are as bad as ever, and now 3g is dropping also. 3g was fine before, but now it's doing the same thing, maybe not as often, but too often none-the-less!!!

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Seems like if the data isn't actively being used, it will drop. I'll read an email and data drops before I can reply. Listening to Pandora, data drops as soon as I pause the song or queue is full. I ran Mytracks for about 1.5 hours today and it was fine. Driving between cell sites it will drop.

Pretty dissapointed that I'm being forced to upgrade my 6 month old phone because Motorola decided to put out 100 different handsets within a 3 month period and decided not support this 'flagship' phone anymore.

phildavis516

Reaction score
after booting into recovery and wiping the cache twice I have not had a data drop in the past 12 hours......hopefully it continues.

rangerroy

Reaction score
VZW is working on setting up new towers and tweaking their 4g service. We stopped having problems in central NC area yesterday, but it's exactly what you all have been describing. 4g with plenty of bars and then it just drops the data side of the connection right in the middle of use. As of yesterday afternoon things seem to have stabilized. The ONLY way I was able to find out that they were working in my area was going to their news website - news.verizonwireless.com and troll through the stories for the last month and a half and find out they were planning on working on the 4g signal in our area. If you are having problems, I suggest you look there to see if you can find news about your area (wish they would find a better way to notify us before they start work) and switch your 4g phones to CDMA (3g) only to retain data connectivity while they are working in your area.

Hope this helps,

rangerroy

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Ok, so try this... :)

Put the phone in airplane mode.
Power it off.
Power it on.
Let the phone completely come up and let all the apps get running (e.g. let it sit for about 1-2 minutes after you see the initial "clock" screen).
Turn airplane mode off.

Watch as your data drops are now fixed. Seems to be working for folks with Bionics (no drops for me since 7pm last night) and Razrs. Current theory is that there is a timing issue with attempting to authenticate with the towers before some of the software is fully loaded.

-D

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score

Power it off.
Power it on.
Let the phone completely come up and let all the apps get running (e.g. let it sit for about 1-2 minutes after you see the initial "clock" screen).
Turn airplane mode off.

Watch as your data drops are now fixed. Seems to be working for folks with Bionics (no drops for me since 7pm last night) and Razrs. Current theory is that there is a timing issue with attempting to authenticate with the towers before some of the software is fully loaded.

-D

This method seemed to work for me so far at least. I did it about 2 hours ago and so far no data drops and I just downloaded the 304MB ICS leak without problems (which I probably won't install if this works, I'll wait for the OTA)...so we'll see if this "truly" works by later today or tomorrow. Only time will tell, but so far...so good. Thanks.

Anyone else have any luck with this method?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Fokkerdmr said:

Power it off.
Power it on.
Turn airplane mode off.

-D

I tried this just now and at first it seemed solid and then within 15mins of doing it, it then just dropped data but only for a split second. Ill keep updating.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Data just dropped.:frown: Oh well, the signal lasted for at least a couple of hours.

jawknee

Reaction score
Troubleshooted my phone yesterday morning but didn't help as which was the case for the past month. Haven't messed with it since and this morning, data has not dropped at all. Constant 4G blue. Guess Verizon finally fixed the issue on their end. I'm located in the SF Bay Area btw. Anyone else in the Bay seeing the same thing?

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
In the other thread on the moto forums that this information came from, it was indicated that there could be changes on the phone which re-trigger the data drop problem (on/off wi-fi, on/off data, etc). Honestly, I don't believe this is really a permanent fix, but hopefully the issue becomes much more understood from the moto/vzw perspective, and they can debug the issue and post an update. In the mean time, if it helps out many of the people that were getting constant drops, all the better!

matjmonk

Reaction score
Having the same issues all day today

Just to save everyone from digging through all the "My 4G data is crap"postings, here are the three methods (or links to methods) that I know to try (other than wiping cache and dalvik cache):

SIM Card trick:

1. Power down
2. Remove the back cover, battery, SD card and SIM card.
3. Power back up, let the phone come all the way back up and tell you that you can only do "emergency calls only"
4. Power down
5. Reinstall SIM card, SD card, battery and back cover.
6. Power back on and let the phone boot normally.

Link to BootTCP app:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1503918&page=4

And finally the link to the Motorola approved method:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/e7f90834b5

Cheers y'all