Dropped 4G Data EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
rocketsaucev2 said:
Been having problems for weeks here. So frustrated. Right now I'm on wifi but my data is totally gone. Nothing. I dont think I want to go into the store to have them try some retarded trick like a simple reboot and have my 4g pop back up. And then they act like its fixed. I swear they have signal boosters in their stores

Never go into a store for this stuff. Call technical support.

I've been on the phone with them for the past two days, and they've been pretty good. Like with I guess believing everything I've said.

Today the guy I talked to did some stuff with switching and routing.

You should call in, because then this stuff gets documented, and the more who report the better we have at getting this fixed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Droidram56

Reaction score
Mine has been better since doing the airplane mode thing. But Batman's point is well taken that we shouldn't keep having to go through these gyrations. It's time for some stability.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Droidram56 said:
Mine has been better since doing the airplane mode thing. But Batman's point is well taken that we shouldn't keep having to go through these gyrations. It's time for some stability.

Call in and report it.

thekyguy11

Reaction score
I used my phone pretty heavily today with not one data drop! Idk if it's from the airplane mode trick, or if Verizon finally fixed the issue, but this is making me happy!

bobbyp

Reaction score
I was dropping quite a bit before the .905 update and for a few days after. Now its being pretty solid.

Mfinchv1

Reaction score
I was droppimg it everytime I clicked facebook or browser. Im on The ICS leak now though....no more 4g data drops though...

thekyguy11

Reaction score
I've had NO data drops in 48 hours....anyone else not dropping data anymore?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Mine started dropping data about three weeks ago, then stopped dropping again about a week ago. Installed the ics leak on Friday and it's been solid, too, for three days so far.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
I'm still on stock .905 (I have too many concerns about the ICS leak), and I feel that it's still too early to tell, but I have seen a more solid data connection in the last couple of days, with much "fewer" drops. I also want to note to you all that I had a VZW tech refresh my VLR last Friday so I'm not sure if that is the reason for the better connection or if this problem is actually getting fixed. I've been trying to give it some time, so to get a more accurate reading of it.

People on the ICS leak may be getting better connections because the radios may be different/better in that leak, so that may not be a good gauge/comparison. How about those of you that are still on .905 or lower versions of GB...has your connections been any better lately?

Please chime in and let us know...

Droidram56

Reaction score
I am on .905 and had connection issues last night. Enough was enough so I called VZW. The tech had me do a few things - battery & SIM card pull, etc. but I had a couple of drops again this morning so I am going to call VZW back. They are going to have to resolve this before my warranty period runs out.

mdotytx

Reaction score
I had been having some issues but after talking to vzw tech support this morning my Bionic is back to her peppy self :)....

thekyguy11

Reaction score
I am on .905 and had connection issues last night. Enough was enough so I called VZW. The tech had me do a few things - battery & SIM card pull, etc. but I had a couple of drops again this morning so I am going to call VZW back. They are going to have to resolve this before my warranty period runs out.

I too am on .905 stock, and my connection has finally returned to being solid all the time. If you are still having issues, try the airplane mode trick. I did it one morning, had connection all day. Drops the next morning, did airplane mode trick again, connection all day. Now it seems to stay connected all the time. Here is how to do it...

1-Switch "airplane mode" on (all radio's are turned off, you'll see the airplane symbol up top)
2-Power off phone completely
3-Power on phone, let everything load (I'd give it a good 5 minutes to be sure)
4-Switch "airplane mode" off (back to normal 4g connection)

Done!

I had my doubts about it, but sure enough it worked for me!

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I had tried this workaround, and it was looking good on my previous Droid bionic. After getting a new bionic for a problem with extremely slow downloads, I one again applied the workaround. I have been seeing regular data drops over the last few days. I would not say the fix is by any means permanent. Hopefully ICS is right around the corner and so far appears relatively stable.