DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nphil

Reaction score
30,000+ apps in the market, created by somewhere north of 9,500 devs. Throw in say 1,000 devs associated with android itself. Right there we are talking about over 10,000 devs.

I'd lay odds that less than 5% even knew about any of this.

Umm.. What do those dev's have anything to do with the ROM scene? They code apps in java and release them for money. Maybe you should really research into what's involved with working on the android source. Start here : Documentation (Android Open Source Project)

kingofsting

Reaction score
nphil, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Who do you think writes all of this GPL (homebrew) code? Microsoft? No, it's just guys hacking code late at night, at work when their bosses let them, etc. There is no difference between the examples I'm giving and the developers here, except their attitudes.

Yea it is ironic. How many grown professionals use covert methods and basically "hacker" techniques to circumvent the security of a site like this just to get their point across? I work with an awful lot of professionals and I've never seen any of them act this way.

rmcomer

Reaction score
Which ROM version had SetCPU in it?

It was in 5.0.6 and was removed in 5.0.6.1

I can't find the release notes so I am downloading 5.0.6.

CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1
Whooops! Bad build in 5.0.6....

Fixes wifi for those using the stock kernel.
Removed SetCPU because, although you can get it for free on the XDA developers site, the developer has said he doesn't want it included in ROMs.

Last edited by koush; Today at 07:11 AM.

nphil

Reaction score
I have no idea what I'm talking about?

Most of the the thousands of dev's (sic) have no involvement with the custom ROM scene. Now whether or not they're involved with the AOSP, I don't know.

We're talking about cyanogen's modified source here, and you can check his changelog for detailed info on who worked on what, and what changes were made to the source from aosp. Pretty sure there aren't thousands of dev's listed there.

nphil

Reaction score
Also "hacker" techniques? Gosh you make it sound like cyanogen went straight to 4chan and appealed for help. I don't recall Droidforums getting DDoSed.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It was in 5.0.6 and was removed in 5.0.6.1

I can't find the release notes so I am downloading 5.0.6.

CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1
Whooops! Bad build in 5.0.6....

Fixes wifi for those using the stock kernel.
Removed SetCPU because, although you can get it for free on the XDA developers site, the developer has said he doesn't want it included in ROMs.

Last edited by koush; Today at 07:11 AM.

Thanks for the link.

kingofsting

Reaction score
Yeah your right it's minor. If I ever decided to compile and release a rom I'm okay with somebody taking, claiming it, and asking for donations for all "their" hard work and time. I'll continue to update it in the hopes they will steal those as well and release it as their "updates" :icon_eek:.

Except NONE of this code belongs to them. 90%+ of it was a gift from Google.

You think Cyanogen is actually developing any significant amount of code when compared to the entire android code base.... Not even close. Drop in the bucket.

If you removed all the Google copy-righten code, what you'd be left with are a bunch of little scraps that would be utterly worthless.

Reaction score
Yeah your right it's minor. If I ever decided to compile and release a rom I'm okay with somebody taking, claiming it, and asking for donations for all "their" hard work and time. I'll continue to update it in the hopes they will steal those as well and release it as their "updates" :icon_eek:.

Except NONE of this code belongs to them. 90%+ of it was a gift from Google.

You think Cyanogen is actually developing any significant amount of code when compared to the entire android code base.... Not even close. Drop in the bucket.

If you removed all the Google copy-righten code, what you'd be left with are a bunch of little scraps that would be utterly worthless.

Dude is Open Source Richard Stallman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ldimick

Reaction score
It is with much regret that we announce to the community that we will no longer be able to host the BlackDroid ROM section on DroidForums.net

I think you are making a very big mistake. You get a threats so you throw the baby out with the bath water.

With ultimate droid gone, I have no reason to come back to this site. I doubt I'm in the minority.

Well, at least you solved the problem with the flaming threads.

I wish you all good luck.

KOS

Good luck to you too! I'm sure we'll see you back here REAL soon.

daze

Reaction score
Exactly what I was saying. KOS has repeatedly said he will no longer return to this site.....yet, he's still posting? Oh yea. Blackdroid has his own forums already, by the way. I'm sure you're already there, but just want to remind you, sir. So go your way. For every 1 person leaving because of whining, hundreds of new users join. You won't be missed. Seriously. Have fun, don't let the door hit you on the way out..

ldimick

Reaction score
he must be a fan of Alec Baldwin :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.