DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
T

TheMarkness

So now, because my opinion varies from yours, I have no common sense? Is it your rom code that was stolen?

I've had code stolen before not particularly in the android scene (people i work around are great!). Your opinion is your opinion i'm just trying to understand how someone considers stealing someone elses work is okay? That's all.

OP
T

TheMarkness

Seriously...:icon_rolleyes:

All you do is bait people in and then cry to the mods when someone calls you on it...

Honestly I was trying to be helpful. The guy lied yet you insist on defending him, what's up with that?

I'm just saying that running a ROM by a developer that the community trusts and have a proven trackrecord is a good choice. Using the ROM of someone who obviously lies, immediately tries to start to raise funds and is being kicked out of his second forum! Come on, give me a break!

How does this make ME an idiot?

It doesn't!! The only reason people like you, me and the rest that think like us are getting bashed is because we still believe in morals. A lot of people these days lack that.

Exactly morals is something severely lacked in society today :(

masprague

Reaction score
Welp, thanks to the right decision being made, I will continue to visit these forums.

We all got blindsiding by BD. I used his roms back on version 3. Probably before most of you with "UD" sigs where even rooted. Plenty of times stuff came up about stealing from LevelUp (Beautiful widgets) and from Bugless. Both times I sided with BD, because I wanted to believe that he was on the up and up, especially because he is so helpful.

Then he was booted from AllDroid. His response was simply, that they didn't like him and accused him of putting warez in his roms, which he did with Beautiful widgets) But he claimed it was a mistake and it wouldn't happen again. AllDroid claimed that it was because of that and his taking of code from Pete.

So again, I trusted BD and followed him here for version 5. I tried so hard to believe what he was telling us about his work. I wanted to believe him, I truly did. He was always posting on his forums and trying to help people. Of course his threads were huge, mainly because of noobs asking every question under the sun. He seemed like a good guy who made a mistake with LevelUp and now with that behind him I was ready.

Then as the versions starting coming out (like 3 a week). I noticed that instead of keeping up with Pete, which he did on AllDroid, he just pumped out basically bad versions. Most people were on 7 when he was releasing 9. Around 9 i noticed way to many similarities, as did most, to Cyanogen.

I remember a few people asked him about it and he said that he was always gtalking with koush and cyanogen. so things were on the up and up. Later I learned that, before this blowout, he was not talking with anyone.

I bought RomManager due to koush's promoting it, and the fact that BD was telling all of us how great it was. It was the future of Rom delivery. I 'm glad I bought it now for CM, but at the time he released 2 versions on there, then pulled support. Claiming that Koush was making all the money on it. Well, yeah he is, he made the app, BD knew that from the beginning.

Koush later showed us all why UD wasn't loading right. That was the final straw for me. I knew that I could not trust BD, nor continue to support his "work."

With his statement made about how it was only a single .xml file and the clock that was taken, I knew that he was again trying to cover his tracks as he did before with LevelUp and Alldroid.

Please BD as an old fan of your work, move on to a new hobby. It's clear you have a hard time with honest work. You make people like Chevy, Adamz, Pete, and others look bad.

If you decide to keep "building" roms, then throw all this crap away and start over. You still probably have a legion of minions that will DL your roms. So just scrap it all and rebuild, since you say you can build, right?

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
(Sorry couldn't edit my post last) Missed your last part wylie yeah there are several words for that.... despise, contemn, scorn, disdain.... I could keep going. That's how I feel about liars, thieves, rapist, child molesters, murders, cheaters.... list goes on here as well.

LOL You feel the same way about a child molester as you do about someone who lies about something on a forum?

Ever heard of figure of speech or figuratively speaking; working out of that here. I despise many things and a liar is one of them.

Fair enough! I'm not defending anyone, was just saying.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Pdigg

Reaction score
The next person who posts a link to that spreadsheet should be banned. EVERYONE has seen it now and only about 2% of us even know what it means. Move on folks.

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Everytime I decide to open it and look at it, I say to myself "Ok, this must mean something to someone.."

Well what it should mean to you is that your phone is running software complied by person who on purpuse lies and tries to deceive you.

Don't you think that should matter to you? He is in your phone, how does that make you feel?

If you don't care about what your phone runs or who made it feel free to ignore the whole issue and live happily ever after. (Until your phone starts dialing international pay-phone calls by itself when you sleep).

I'm not saying BlackDroids ROM would do that, I'm just pointing out that we should be thankful for the community helping us weed out the bad seeds in time.

1) My post was not on the validity of the proof, just the fact that the majority of the people don't even know what it means. I could throw a bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet here at work and say "Look, your 401k plan is failing its nondiscrimination testing!". It means something to me. Majority of other people I talk to on a daily basis? Not so much. It's just one of those things that people have to take my word for.

2) Yes, I understand what it means to you and the rest of the horde that likes to use words like "kanged" and "pwned".

3) Do I think what BD did was right? No. Do I think he deserved to be kicked off DF? Yes, I probably would have made the same decision. (Assuming that the charges are true, again, I don't read MP5 or whatever on said provided spreadsheet).

4) Do I care that his ROM is on my phone? No. No, not at all. All I care about is that I have a ROM that runs well, looks good, is fast and does everything that I want. As I look at my phone, my uptime is now 151 hours. That was when I loaded 9.8 on my phone. Not one force close, reboot, freeze, dropped call, missed message or hiccup.

As I stated in another post. I am an end user. I don't care whos feelings got hurt, whos ego wasn't stroked and how many puppy dogs BD set on fire so that he could release his ROM. All I really care about at the end of the day is myself and how my phone is running.

BUT

Do I agree he is getting what he deserves if the whole situation is as everyone says it is? Oh yes... If you can't be man enough to just come out and say "I effed up.." you should be chased in to the woods by a gang with pitchforks and torches... and people waving spreadsheets.

wylie

Reaction score
Honestly I was trying to be helpful. The guy lied yet you insist on defending him, what's up with that?

I'm just saying that running a ROM by a developer that the community trusts and have a proven trackrecord is a good choice. Using the ROM of someone who obviously lies, immediately tries to start to raise funds and is being kicked out of his second forum! Come on, give me a break!

How does this make ME an idiot?

Well then presentation is the key. The way you came on here raising a stink wasn't helpful. And you said it, it is a choice. One that thanks to people like you, we can't make here anymore.

Well why can't you make that choice anymore? You can still use his ROM, he got a new forum up, people donated money for it and all.

It's not like he and his ROM vanished from the face of the earth or anything.
Or is your computer preconfigured to only look at this particular website?

I'm done here, sick of you all. Sun is shining it's spring and I can't save the world from utter stupidity it seems so I might as well call it a day.

Buh Bye then. Sick of fanboy nuthuggers like you too... You should think about saving yourself from that utter stupidity while you're at it...

Sodner

Reaction score
ULTIMATEDROID.COM added to my favorites.

DROIDFORUMS.NET removed.

In bold large red font just as BD used to do it.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Look at the post counts of those who are saying the same thing ad nauseum regarding BD. Look at their profile and see that the only posts they've made here are ones that stir the pot. These fanbois are only intent on trashing the place. They cannot just give their opinion and go about their business, but instead must repeat it nonstop. If you ask me, they are only hurting Cyanogen/Koush. No way I would try their work after this juvenile behavior. These geniuses are only giving Cyanogen a black eye.

masprague

Reaction score
So now, because my opinion varies from yours, I have no common sense? Is it your rom code that was stolen?

I've had code stolen before not particularly in the android scene (people i work around are great!). Your opinion is your opinion i'm just trying to understand how someone considers stealing someone elses work is okay? That's all.

If you notice, the ones that have no problem stealing code are all BD's fans. He has quite the power of convincing people, including his "developers," that he did not steal and he made it all himself.

Its not worth fighting with them, soon BD will be gone and they shall follow to ruin another forum.

ohh nooo BD's in my brain...g.g....r.r.a..r..

BD didnt' steal anything...it was an accident, I, i mean he, left an stupid .xml file....too many windows opened on my screen......cut copy....no no...build...spreadsheet does not exist...I built it all...

Sodner

Reaction score
Look at the post counts of those who are saying the same thing ad nauseum regarding BD. Look at their profile and see that the only posts they've made here are ones that stir the pot. These fanbois are only intent on trashing the place. They cannot just give their opinion and go about their business, but instead must repeat it nonstop. If you ask me, they are only hurting Cyanogen/Koush. No way I would try their work after this juvenile behavior. These geniuses are only giving Cyanogen a black eye.

Ditto. The Mods on here caved into a bunch of CM bullies. Shameful.

wylie

Reaction score

+1 So true!

wylie

Reaction score

If you notice, the ones that have no problem stealing code are all BD's fans. He has quite the power of convincing people, including his "developers," that he did not steal and he made it all himself.

Its not worth fighting with them, soon BD will be gone and they shall follow to ruin another forum.

BD didnt' steal anything...it was an accident, I, i mean he, left an stupid .xml file....too many windows opened on my screen......cut copy....no no...build...spreadsheet does not exist...I built it all...

I run v9.8 genius, tell me where it is stolen from. It runs better than ANY other ROM I have loaded. So tell me genius,

Aw F it, there's no point

masprague

Reaction score

I run v9.8 genius, tell me where it is stolen from. It runs better than ANY other ROM I have loaded. So tell me genius,

Aw F it, there's no point

I thought you were leaving......

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
Anybody who posts anything on this subject is only fanning the flames.

Including me.

And him ---)> :icon_ banana:

Thepunkinator

Reaction score
I joined this forum to learn and have some fun. In the past few days I have seen one of the worst displays of immaturity FROM ALL OF YOU that I have come across. The fact that you have filled up multiple threads of stupid whining and arguing is ridiculous. And no, it wasn't anyone's fault. YOU are the one that typed the reply, therefore it's YOUR fault.

Bunch of friggin' idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.