DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look, if the man NEVER made another ROM, life will go on.....If he made one every week, life will go on...Life will go on with him not being here anymore. If he gets a domain name and host his OWN forum, life will go on. Some ppl need to open their window, go outside and enjoy real life for a few hours.

1up

Reaction score
I salute the Admins for the right decision. Good job. Blackdroid, I hope you've learned your lesson. You were a cool dood, but you did the community wrong. I'll leave it at that. Good day.

BTW, those asking. Cyanogenmod is FREE off Rom Manager, you ONLY have to donate if you want to download the other items listed. Those saying Koush never replies with help, you're wrong. Stop lying. He is one helpful mofo on the IRC chat whenever he is around. He has a life, btw. There are PLENTY of people in there who are ready to help.

pepsi149

Reaction score
this isn't just about cyanogen asking for props- he just had the clout to finally tip the scale (thank god)

check it for yourself- the apps that came bundled with his software are paid apps at the marketplace. I'm sure the developer of setcpu wasn't thrilled either

setcpu for root users [1.5.1a] 04/02/2010 - xda-developers

see, this is what some ppl mean be 'get ya facts straight" setcpu can be gotten free if u go to that forum......

but isnt getting a free app....that has a price on it in market like stealing?
Isnt that the whole pissin match that just took place in here?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It is with much regret that we announce to the community that we will no longer be able to host the BlackDroid ROM section on DroidForums.net

I think you are making a very big mistake. You get a threats so you throw the baby out with the bath water.

With ultimate droid gone, I have no reason to come back to this site. I doubt I'm in the minority.

Well, at least you solved the problem with the flaming threads.

I wish you all good luck.

KOS

The void will be filled.

jbg25

Reaction score
thats incorrect

its actually correct its posted under premium.
actually its in the free version...omg

you DO NOT have to have the paid version to get it....good god

GOOD GOD YOURSELF....get your facts straight...
jbg25-albums-random-shots-picture1100-device.png

droidnut803

Reaction score
This isn't just about Cyanogen asking for props- he just had the clout to finally tip the scale (thank god)

Check it for yourself- the Apps that came bundled with his software are PAID apps at the Marketplace. I'm sure the developer of SetCPU wasn't thrilled either

SetCPU for Root Users [1.5.1a] 04/02/2010 - xda-developers

See, THIS is what some ppl mean be 'get ya facts straight" SetCPU can be gotten FREE if u go to that forum......

Its good to know that everyone who downloaded UD is an XDA member

I paid for SetCPU before I ever installed UD and I rooted my phone before I even heard of BD or UD! I learned off of youtube! Then joined this forum!

agent42o

Reaction score
Actually YES...it seems Koush wants UD out there as he has added version 10 to ROM manger both the NexTheme AND the UltimateDroid theme.

Hmmmmmm...

WAIT!!!! UDv10 was added to rom manager after all this?!

Koush Has it Under Premium, He knows buy putting UD on there peeps will pay 4 bucks...least he knows it good stuff

Actually, he donated everything recieved to March of dimes:

We need more Android drama. Do it for the babies. March for Babies - View Personal Page.

Reaction score
I salute the Admins for the right decision. Good job. Blackdroid, I hope you've learned your lesson. You were a cool dood, but you did the community wrong. I'll leave it at that. Good day.

BTW, those asking. Cyanogenmod is FREE off Rom Manager, you ONLY have to donate if you want to download the other items listed. Those saying Koush never replies with help, you're wrong. Stop lying. He is one helpful mofo on the IRC chat whenever he is around. He has a life, btw. There are PLENTY of people in there who are ready to help.

Can we download and install the other items listed manually?

larrisa12002

Reaction score
Good move, Mr. Admin. Your action was compliant with maintaining the integrity of intellectual property. The matter would not have been blown out of proportion if credit was simply given where credit was due.

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
You guys need a bit more structure and consistency between the mods. I'm glad you ultimately did the right thing.

Get your priorities straight too. Threads are being closed because people are having arguments in them. I remember the 2.1 thread being closed, even though there was a lot of good discussion in there. Sure there is crap, but that's the internet. You can't shut down a whole forum just because a few people are talking ****. Infract or Ban them and move on.

Trust me on this one.

kingofsting

Reaction score
this blows. blackdroid was extremely helpful. and never too busy to answer questions. at the least i hope the other devs take a lesson from him and actually help those of us who dont know much about this. its a sad day at droidforums

Sorry guys.but the drama had to end......BD is a great guy and has been silly helpful to me. @ SRT I know you worked hard to fix the issues...though it didnt work out..........

You do realize that your traffic is going to drop considerably? What exactly did you solve? Most of your user base, me included, only came here for Ultimate Droid. While you have a nice site, there is nothing here of interest to me anymore.

This would have all blown over in time. You let a handfull of developers who were acting like children ruin a very nice thing.

Sad... very say...

KOS

Status
Not open for further replies.