DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And this thing about traffic being affected by BD/UD not being here...thats not why I came. I came to get my phone rooted. As long as there is a decent help section, problems getting fixed, answered ppl will continue to come. And lets not forget the Hacking section is not the only section thats here.....yall dont have to worry about traffic.

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
btw just checked rom manger and ud 10.0 is a premium app. talk about balls, want bd to stop then kang his build and post on rom manager. now thats just messed up. that really is.

agent42o

Reaction score
To all the people saying things like "the world will keep spinning without BD here, and Life goes ion...

Umm we realize that. We weren't the ones who made a big ****ing deal over a thank you. Those were the Cynaglobin fan boys who infiltrated this site and started a flame war. They are the ones who acted like the world was ending.

Life will go on, needless to say Alldroid is still standing, DF was around long before Alldroid. I do love the fact that everyone has chosen to be angry at Cyanogen, not the guy who hasn't been around for 2 days, dodging this subject, and hoping this would all blow over. And don't give me that "His internet was down" line, dude's got a droid, can't tether? That was his admission of guilt, all he needed to do was say "Sorry guys, that post came off wrong, I will give credit where it's due" or something of that nature. Not "Two parts were someone elses, rest was all mine" which is what he basically said.

Let me put it like this, ever been drunk? I mean really drunk? And then you pissed someone off and it pissed off someone you were with? Then they made you go say your sorry, but your pissed and drunk, so you say your sorry in a way the shows you REALLY DON'T MEAN IT?

That's what todays post was and it all could have been addressed in 3 sentences, blown over, and all would have been resolved.

Put your frustration where it goes, saying "I am taking my ball and going home" doesn't do much of anything, this community was strong before blackdroid and other devs really hung out here and it will continue to be strong.

agent42o

Reaction score
btw just checked rom manger and ud 10.0 is a premium app. talk about balls, want bd to stop then kang his build and post on rom manager. now thats just messed up. that really is.

He announced he was doing it, letting BD donate to the March of Dimes:

clockworkmod
Ultimate Droid 10 on ROM Manager Premium! All sales given to @bekit's March of Dimes today! Yfrog - ww7 - Uploaded by clockworkmod

jbg25

Reaction score

ok I know I will get killed..as I am clearly still somewhat of a noob after 5 months and all the moding I have done...but what the hell is kanging?

SGTiger

Reaction score
The void will be filled.

I'm sure it will -- someplace else.

The thing about developers that work for free is their is they always figure out a way to get their code out. Certainly wouldn't take much effort to put up PHPBB over at ultimatedroid.com.

In fact I may email BD and offer to help. I have a Centos server farm sitting on 50mbps connection. Maybe I'll give him free server space.

KOS

Yeah, I'm sure that BD leaving will be the end of this forum.

Any guess on how BD's departure will affect the reception your new rom receives?

agent42o

Reaction score
To all the people saying things like "the world will keep spinning without BD here, and Life goes ion...

Umm we realize that. We weren't the ones who made a big ****ing deal over a thank you. Those were the Cynaglobin fan boys who infiltrated this site and started a flame war. They are the ones who acted like the world was ending.

Life will go on, needless to say Alldroid is still standing, DF was around long before Alldroid. I do love the fact that everyone has chosen to be angry at Cyanogen, not the guy who hasn't been around for 2 days, dodging this subject, and hoping this would all blow over. And don't give me that "His internet was down" line, dude's got a droid, can't tether? That was his admission of guilt, all he needed to do was say "Sorry guys, that post came off wrong, I will give credit where it's due" or something of that nature. Not "Two parts were someone elses, rest was all mine" which is what he basically said.

Let me put it like this, ever been drunk? I mean really drunk? And then you pissed someone off and it pissed off someone you were with? Then they made you go say your sorry, but your pissed and drunk, so you say your sorry in a way the shows you REALLY DON'T MEAN IT?

That's what todays post was and it all could have been addressed in 3 sentences, blown over, and all would have been resolved.

Put your frustration where it goes, saying "I am taking my ball and going home" doesn't do much of anything, this community was strong before blackdroid and other devs really hung out here and it will continue to be strong.

Gah, I meant DF was around before Blackdroid.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm sure it will -- someplace else.

The thing about developers that work for free is their is they always figure out a way to get their code out. Certainly wouldn't take much effort to put up PHPBB over at ultimatedroid.com.

In fact I may email BD and offer to help. I have a Centos server farm sitting on 50mbps connection. Maybe I'll give him free server space.

KOS

Any guess on how BD's departure will affect the reception your new rom receives?

I don't know, or care. I'm not expecting more, or less of a reception. A lot of the folks trying it now were previous fans of my work in windows mobile.

So, its not affected by this one way or another.

pepsi149

Reaction score
quik question?

........isnt cyan like the dell or gateway of roms?.....i mean its a great rom dont get me wrong but its proprietary...gotta use its kernels....tried to flash with jakes kernel and it freaked out.....weird huh.....bd flash any kernel and it just gets better...aint that strange?
thought id ask .....anyone got any answers to this?
ohhhhh wait the one that would answer that was banned from here guess ill wait for a week to get a responce now.....dang!

droidnut803

Reaction score
quik question?

........isnt cyan like the dell or gateway of roms?.....i mean its a great rom dont get me wrong but its proprietary...gotta use its kernels....tried to flash with jakes kernel and it freaked out.....weird huh.....bd flash any kernel and it just gets better...aint that strange?
ohhhhh wait the one that would answer that was banned from here guess ill wait for a week to get a responce now.....dang!

Pretty much! You're right on point with that one!

Freezerbrn

Reaction score
This isn't just about Cyanogen asking for props- he just had the clout to finally tip the scale (thank god)

Check it for yourself- the Apps that came bundled with his software are PAID apps at the Marketplace. I'm sure the developer of SetCPU wasn't thrilled either

SetCPU for Root Users [1.5.1a] 04/02/2010 - xda-developers

See, THIS is what some ppl mean be 'get ya facts straight" SetCPU can be gotten FREE if u go to that forum......

http://alldroid.org/threads/15813-Pulldown-Editor-1.1-for-Motorola-Droid

Version 2.2 is released to the market, for donators, and free in this thread. Stay tuned for a free post in a few days! CHANGES

NOTE: Requires Busybox / SU permission now. However, MetaMorph does too.... so this shouldn't really be a problem.
paperclip.png
Attached Files

Just my 2 cents. I do have to say that I liked the help I got from the UD posts. As far as the ROM goes, well i liked that too. If parts of were copied then I think a shout out was in order. I don't know crap about writing code, but it was fun in a geeky kinda way learning from posts here. This site is has been the easiest that I've been to to search for answers to questions I had. Not taking sides just looking for help when I need it from who ever has the best info. To be honest I mod my phone with a lot of stuff to make it most unique I can get it and have it still working.

now, "Can't we all just get a long"?

VolDroid

Reaction score
Well I guess there's really no need for this forum then since all the remaining Developer's have their own forums they run and very rarely respond here. I can get the technical answers somewhere else. Why would I want to try a cry babies ROM when he has moved on to the Ipad according to his site. Does that mean it's actually Koush doing all the work now? He hardly ever responds here. I might check in from time to time but banning the one guy who actually took time to answer questions and fix them in a timely manner doesn't seem like the smart move for this forum but live and learn I guess.

SGTiger

Reaction score

I don't know, or care. I'm not expecting more, or less of a reception. A lot of the folks trying it now were previous fans of my work in windows mobile.

So, its not affected by this one way or another.

Wow that shows how little I know. I would have thought you would be ecstatic that BD is leaving given the huge following he had here. I think you mentioned earlier that the void left by BD would be filled. Oh well, silly me.

pepsi149

Reaction score
quik question?

Pretty much! You're right on point with that one!

thats kinda what i thought also.....only ones to ever quik respond was bd beta team members.....and they would help on any rom ....i really dont care...i try em all....i got my favs and i got the ones that blow....we all do...
just sucks that they hadda throw a fit....and now the answer people are not here.....wait a min.....7 no 6 no 5 ......ummm maybe 3.....four rows of icons 5 rows......they all really look the same....and if it doesnt look like the rom you are use to?......my money is on the bet that you can make it look just like the last one....same boot ani....screens and all the apps!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.