DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGTiger

Reaction score
This isn't just about Cyanogen asking for props- he just had the clout to finally tip the scale (thank god)

Check it for yourself- the Apps that came bundled with his software are PAID apps at the Marketplace. I'm sure the developer of SetCPU wasn't thrilled either

SetCPU for Root Users [1.5.1a] 04/02/2010 - xda-developers

See, THIS is what some ppl mean be 'get ya facts straight" SetCPU can be gotten FREE if u go to that forum......

Its good to know that everyone who downloaded UD is an XDA member

There have been no paid apps in his roms for a long time. I don't understand why you keep insinuating the contrary. The admins forced BD out because of these kinds of posts. You guys won. Why keep attacking?

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Also, how about the ability to edit our posts? It's really annoying when I want to go back and fix something and I can't.

1up

Reaction score
Can we download and install the other items listed manually?[/QUOTE]

If manually as in, through ROM Manager:
No, for the others you'll need to pay for the Premium version. I can assure you willnot regret it. I use to love flashing back and forth between ROMs, but having ROM Manager, it makes my life so much easier to go between ROMs.

If you mean manually as in, nandroid backups from other forums/ROMs/etc..:
Yes, (correct me if i'm wrong, i'm a donater for ROM Manager so everythings unlocked) I flash between SPRecovery and Clockwork and it's fine for me. I don't know if the free version has SPRecovery free. Someone correct me.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
this blows. blackdroid was extremely helpful. and never too busy to answer questions. at the least i hope the other devs take a lesson from him and actually help those of us who dont know much about this. its a sad day at droidforums

Sorry guys.but the drama had to end......BD is a great guy and has been silly helpful to me. @ SRT I know you worked hard to fix the issues...though it didnt work out..........

You do realize that your traffic is going to drop considerably? What exactly did you solve? Most of your user base, me included, only came here for Ultimate Droid. While you have a nice site, there is nothing here of interest to me anymore.

This would have all blown over in time. You let a handfull of developers who were acting like children ruin a very nice thing.

Sad... very say...

KOS

This was a high traffic forum before the devs even came here.

luniz7

Reaction score
its actually correct its posted under premium.
actually its in the free version...omg

you DO NOT have to have the paid version to get it....good god

GOOD GOD YOURSELF....get your facts straight...
jbg25-albums-random-shots-picture1100-device.png
well then he must have taken it down when all this dropped

1up

Reaction score
this blows. blackdroid was extremely helpful. and never too busy to answer questions. at the least i hope the other devs take a lesson from him and actually help those of us who dont know much about this. its a sad day at droidforums

Sorry guys.but the drama had to end......BD is a great guy and has been silly helpful to me. @ SRT I know you worked hard to fix the issues...though it didnt work out..........

You do realize that your traffic is going to drop considerably? What exactly did you solve? Most of your user base, me included, only came here for Ultimate Droid. While you have a nice site, there is nothing here of interest to me anymore.

This would have all blown over in time. You let a handfull of developers who were acting like children ruin a very nice thing.

Sad... very say...

KOS

I thought after your last post you weren't going to post anymore? Tempted eh? Anyways, we'll see you around. Everyone comes back. One gone, many many more to come. :icon_ banana:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plus with ROM, theme makers etc. saying they dont wanna be part of this forum, if they stay elsewhere whats stopping anyone from joining forums the other devs frequent most to get answers to yall questions?

Believe it or not ppl the world will continue to keep spinning with BD here or gone. I have seen ppl hack n slash Windows Operating Systems to pieces and have never seen anything as crazy as this. And I dont remember seeing all this n that credit given for alot of stuff. Guess what? Ppl didnt trip. Someone calls u a name, pisses u off ON THE INTERNET.....please get over it. Go enjoy a thing called real life.

SGTiger

Reaction score
You guys need a bit more structure and consistency between the mods. I'm glad you ultimately did the right thing.

Get your priorities straight too. Threads are being closed because people are having arguments in them. I remember the 2.1 thread being closed, even though there was a lot of good discussion in there. Sure there is crap, but that's the internet. You can't shut down a whole forum just because a few people are talking ****. Infract or Ban them and move on.

Thank you. This drives me crazy more than anything else on this site. A thread will be having a great discussion. Someone comes in and causes a disruption. Instead of banning or penalizing them, the whole thread will be closed! Only perfect threads or they will end?

kingofsting

Reaction score
The void will be filled.

I'm sure it will -- someplace else.

The thing about developers that work for free is their is they always figure out a way to get their code out. Certainly wouldn't take much effort to put up PHPBB over at ultimatedroid.com.

In fact I may email BD and offer to help. I have a Centos server farm sitting on 50mbps connection. Maybe I'll give him free server space.

KOS

kingofsting

Reaction score
I thought after your last post you weren't going to post anymore? Tempted eh? Anyways, we'll see you around. Everyone comes back. One gone, many many more to come. :icon_ banana:

Still working my way through the posts.

KOS

T.C

Reaction score
Where will he be going?

Well, to say the least this is terrible. I really enjoyed the ROMs BlackDroid enhanced. He made them more stable and was very responsive to everyones needs. I wish him the best....I hope he pops up somewhere else.:mad:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The void will be filled.

I'm sure it will -- someplace else.

The thing about developers that work for free is their is they always figure out a way to get their code out. Certainly wouldn't take much effort to put up PHPBB over at ultimatedroid.com.

In fact I may email BD and offer to help. I have a Centos server farm sitting on 50mbps connection. Maybe I'll give him free server space.

KOS

Yeah, I'm sure that BD leaving will be the end of this forum.

pyro6128

Reaction score

Sad... very say...

KOS

Honestly, the forum is better off without users that are only going to come on for one specific rom and simply ask questions about it or discuss it by itself, they just slow the forum as a whole down (and for the record I'm not talking about internet speed). I'm a UD user, but I'm not going to leave because he had to. I was on this forum well before blackdroid came, and despite what many think, it will exist without him.

trevntx

Reaction score
To all the people saying things like "the world will keep spinning without BD here, and Life goes ion...

Umm we realize that. We weren't the ones who made a big ****ing deal over a thank you. Those were the Cynaglobin fan boys who infiltrated this site and started a flame war. They are the ones who acted like the world was ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.