DROID3 refuses to let me hang up.

akhi216

Reaction score
At times, the D3 won't allow me to hang up and I have to turn off the phone to keep from using my minutes (which aren't unlimited because I don't talk that much).

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

eastside770

Reaction score
Mines did the same thing yesterday my first experience of it

Reaction score
Meaning you are touching the Hang Up button and it's not responding because the phone is frozen up? Or the screen is black? More info please.

eastside770

Reaction score
Yeah I would press the end call button and nothing would happen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Are you using a Samsung?

I've never had the end call problem. I'd blame it on an app you have installed somewhere.

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
Meaning you are touching the Hang Up button and it's not responding because the phone is frozen up? Or the screen is black? More info please.

No. The phone won't hang up. After I'm done with the call and press End Call, minutes keep counting down. The phone itself isn't frozen as I can press the home button and access other apps; when I do this I still get the Current Call icon and call timer, which keeps increasing, in the notification bar. You could say that the call app itself is frozen, but it couldn't be totally frozen if it's still using minutes. The problem is that the phone stays connected, keeps using minutes and the end call button does not respond. I backed out of the dialer after pressing end call and the call was still connected as I couldn't still see the icons and the timer in the notification bar. When I pull down the notification bar click Current Call, nothing happens and the Current Call link in the notification bar stays there using minutes. I could have attempted to force close the dialer, but I probably would've had to identify and force close something else so I just rebooted.
I have this problem once or twice about every two days.............

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
No. The phone won't hang up. After I'm done with the call and press End Call, minutes keep counting down. The phone itself isn't frozen as I can press the home button and access other apps; when I do this I still get the Current Call icon and call timer, which keeps increasing, in the notification bar. You could say that the call app itself is frozen, but it couldn't be totally frozen if it's still using minutes. The problem is that the phone stays connected, keeps using minutes and the end call button does not respond. I backed out of the dialer after pressing end call and the call was still connected as I couldn't still see the icons and the timer in the notification bar. When I pull down the notification bar click Current Call, nothing happens and the Current Call link in the notification bar stays there using minutes. I could have attempted to force close the dialer, but I probably would've had to identify and force close something else so I just rebooted.

Notice the periods the end. My hard keyboard buttons are going crazy. I can't wait for an official OTA.

Reaction score

Try this, Settings>Accessibility> Power Button ends call. See if that will end the call for you.

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
Try this, Settings>Accessibility> Power Button ends call. See if that will end the call for you.

Didn't think of that. Thanks.

Edit: Then again, if the standard end call button wouldn't work, I don't see why the power button would work; but it's worth a try I guess. I'm just worried about being in a rush after a call having all of my minutes wasted.

Last edited:
OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
I checked Motorola's support forum for this issue and many others are having end call button lockups as there are multiple threads for it. Unfortunately there was no fix besides rebooting.

wnemay

Reaction score
D3 not haning up

Are you using a Samsung?

I've never had the end call problem. I'd blame it on an app you have installed somewhere.

I saw this problem on the D3 in the store too. Since all of their phones are active, you are allowed to make calls from them. I did so to test it out. I think it is blur that is causing this problem.
On my D3, I am rooted, and removed the Blur homescreen. I have not personally seen this on my phone, however, on my girlfriends stock D3, we get this issue all the time.