1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X2 Battery life issues

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by rockscreation16, Nov 9, 2012.

1. rockscreation16

rockscreation16 New Member

I'm experiencing some weird issues as of late with my X2.

When I first bought it a few months ago I was able to get almost 2 full days of use out of it before the device would shut down from low battery. I am running off of 100MB of data so I have most every kind of sync and background data disabled. I also try to keep an apps that aren't being used killed.

Within the last few weeks the life of my device has been deteriorating. Now I can't get it to last more than a few hours without shutting down even if i'm not using it. If I play some tunes... Can't even get an hour out of it.

Here's the thing that I was confused by... I can plug the device in and sometimes will show a full charge after only a few minutes. Sometimes it takes hours. At times I can take it off and within a few minutes it's back in the red. Others it will last for a bit on full charge before it starts to discharge.

This kinda made me wonder if the battery tracking was miscalibrated, but it looks like you can't use a calibration app without rooting your device..

Does this seem like it could all be caused by a defective battery or is something else happening here?

PS. What is the most healthy charging habit for a battery like this? I was under the impression it was full charge-discharge.
  2. tkalen

tkalen New Member

I am having the same issue with my X2. Were you able to resolve this issue?
Search tags for this page
battery life droid x2
battery life issues x2
battery problems with droid x2

droid x2 battery

droid x2 battery bug
droid x2 battery drains quickly

droid x2 battery issues

droid x2 battery life

droid x2 battery life issues

droid x2 battery life tips
droid x2 battery problem