Reaction score
ok can i have recommendations on the best screen protectors for the droid x

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't use one. Droid never scratched....X won;'t either.
Naked in my pocket...Naked to the touch is best.

NotThatGuy

Reaction score
Anything will scratch. It just takes the correct substance in your pocket.. (such as sand) :)

I've been using the Skinomi TechSkins on things I can.. it's a wet apply one.. and will look terrible at first.. but give it a day and it's beautiful.

YoungVan

Reaction score
I have heard that screen freezes and the on screen keyboard are issues with droid x screen protector.Is it so?

froyo_fan

Reaction score
Good screen protector for Droid X

Hi, I'm a new droid x use and new to this forum.

I'm looking for a good screen protector too. After reading posts, SGP is recommended but it is too pricey I assumed when you have to replace it every 3-6 months or so? and I don't want to use wet application ones.

Any information would be appreciated! Thank you!

Hanoverfiste

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new droid x use and new to this forum.

I'm looking for a good screen protector too. After reading posts, SGP is recommended but it is too pricey I assumed when you have to replace it every 3-6 months or so? and I don't want to use wet application ones.

Any information would be appreciated! Thank you!

Phantom Skinz use the promo summersale2010 for 30% off your order. You can get two full body skinz for $17.00 or you can just get the screen protector

froyo_fan

Reaction score
Thank you for your information but I'm looking for dry solution. I don't like wet application and rubber feel on the screen. I bought one from ebay and it was really bad quality. I'm looking for something affordable and good quality other than SGP.

IDGBZ71

Reaction score
Anything will scratch. It just takes the correct substance in your pocket.. (such as sand) :)

ditto. I've been using the VZ screen protector for about a week now, no problems still responsive as with none.

goracer

Reaction score
I have the ebay one. Mostly it's protected it from finger prints but I do put the phone in my pocket. They are a one time stick! once any part of it touches, you have to finish applying it. You can not touch a corner down then lift up and reseat it becuase it was crooked. Luckily I got a 5 pack since it took three tries. I like the steinheim finger print one but they don't have that option in the full body kit.

That phontom skinz kit looks like a rebadged steinheim kit. I don't like my silicone cover. I thought it would be thin and skin tight but it's not. It's thick and soft enough to protect in a fall but i'm not sure it would stay on.

Last edited:

froyo_fan

Reaction score
I just went to xda forum for my wife's Vibrant (It has great color BTW), I just looked up what they are using for a screen protector to pick up one for my wife. They are talking about clearfreek and realook a lot. Since I don't want to have wet application, I read through realook reviews and people are pretty happy about it. $10 for 2 films after coupon at amazon. Anyone tried or heard about this brand? I may go ahead and order one now. Thanks!
dancedroid

CarsMatic

Reaction score
Anyone use ZAGG or skins from DecalGirl? I'm thinking of buying some from DecalGirl but am afraid of the quality and its ability to prevent scratches. As far as ZAGG is concerned, are they the sticky type? I don't like the sticky type.