Droid X screen dimming

Steinbuhlerz

Reaction score
So I just got the Droid X the other day and absolutely love it. I'm a little concerned, however, with the screen dimming unexpectedly. Occasionally, after I text someone and head back to my inbox, the screen will be bright and then dim ever so slightly. This has occurred with both the automatic brightness and setting the brightness manually. Like I said, it's super subtle. I just wasn't sure if all the phones did this, or if it was a malfunction?

Zach

Mountain Flier

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing happening on a random basis. I don't recall it happening before the OTA update earlier this week.

Last edited:

Mountain Flier

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have explored my settings and can't understand why the screen lighting randomly dims and brightens under constant ambient lighting conditions. That's annoying and does not please me.

Michlo

Reaction score
Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, CA
Again, it is a power saver. It only happens after you've left your Droid inactive for a few minutes and you have brightness set to "auto'.

I like the feature although I've now manually turned my brightness down low to further save on battery since that works just fine for me.

Cheers.

Mountain Flier

Reaction score
I think a visit to the tech desk at Verizon is in order. The super subtle dimming of the screen, while in use, is a bit of an annoyance. I still wonder if it's a result of the OTA release. I don't recall experiencing this occurring before the update.