droid x root need help

rugman1969

Reaction score
I just got my droid x, it is fresh off the press. completely factory. I need to know what I need to do to root this phone. First off, I need to know how to back up whatever I need to return it to stock in case it craps out on me and I have to restore it to factory settings to bring it back to verizon. Then I need to know what I need to do to root this *****. Thanks for any help you can give me. I am new to rooting

Last edited by a moderator:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Just head down to the Droid X forums, read up so you dont brick your phone. All your questions can be answered with a little effort of searching.

synctek

Reaction score
My DX is about a month old....I took the plunge a couple weeks ago. Z4Root - z4root.1.3.0.apk is what I used to get the ball rolling. Recommend running the temporary root first - if successful, do the full. It's relatively quick. If it hangs for more than 2 minutes, end task and reboot the phone then try again. Once rooted you'll have an app called Superuser. Any apps you get that require root access will prompt you to allow via this app.

---Remember the DX has a locked bootloader so do a ton of research and use caution if/when you do anything outside the norm - esp. decide to start flashing ROMS.