Droid X randomly changes from Vibrate to Ring

d8taslay3r

Reaction score
I have a Droid X running Android 2.2.1. I have a problem where the phone will ring audibly when I have specifically set it to vibrate mode. It happens randomly and can even happen minutes after I manually set the phone to vibrate, can be looking at the screen and it says it's on vibrate and then all of a sudden - RING!!! Another symptom is that I have my ringtone set to be a custom sound file and half the time the phone just plays the default ring and not the sound file (although this is not as annoying as the phone going off in meetings repeatedly right after I set it to vibrate)

I have a feeling that there may be some app that is messing with the sound but I am not sure how to narrow it down.

Is there a log file that I could enable or look at that would show when the setting for being vibrate or ring was changed and by what process? That would be ideal. What can I do to help troubleshoot this? I am loathe to initially wipe the phone since if it is an app problem it may just happen again as I being reinstalling. Thanks.