Can't turn sound and vibrate off

flydoc

Reaction score
Since plugging in the charger at night reboots the Droid, my Droid is always booted and working. With pre 2.2 versions, I could decrease the volume control at night until I saw the "X". This meant that no sound or vibration would occur. I don't want to hear my phone ring or vibrate at night. Normally during the day I keep the phone on vibrate.

With 2.2 this is not possible unless you go into settings and sound and set "vibrate" to "Never" each night. It would have to be reset to Vibrate in "Only in Silent mode" again each morning.

I checked with Motorola last night, and the service rep had a 2.2 Droid as well as a 2.1 Droid and she confirmed this.

I think this problem was overlooked in the upgrade.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to 2.2 froyo man. They made some good improvements, but also some changes. Taking the vibrate and silent out of the volume rocker was one of them. I used to just use some downloaded market widgets to quickly turn it silent or vibrate.

However, I am rooted and the newest UDv7 has hacked those controls back into froyo. It's something I absolutely need for convenience!

OP
F

flydoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment. I am not rooted, and am not skilled enought to try, but will try to find an app that allows me to silence my Droid

blueskies

Reaction score
Since plugging in the charger at night reboots the Droid, my Droid is always booted and working. With pre 2.2 versions, I could decrease the volume control at night until I saw the "X". This meant that no sound or vibration would occur. I don't want to hear my phone ring or vibrate at night. Normally during the day I keep the phone on vibrate.

With 2.2 this is not possible unless you go into settings and sound and set "vibrate" to "Never" each night. It would have to be reset to Vibrate in "Only in Silent mode" again each morning.

I checked with Motorola last night, and the service rep had a 2.2 Droid as well as a 2.1 Droid and she confirmed this.

I think this problem was overlooked in the upgrade.
Hi. When the software updated, it came with the vibrate always on. You can make it go back to normal by going into you Settings, then Sound, then Vibrate and choose Only when NOT in Silent Mode. Now the volume rocker will go back to how you're used to it. :) Found this answer on another site (thanks Dj).