Droid X or HTC Thunderbolt

LinxuSx

Reaction score
After CES is the consensus that the only benefit of the thunderbolt is that it will be 4G capable? Seems like thats the only real difference between that and the Droid X

MrKleen

Reaction score
After CES is the consensus that the only benefit of the thunderbolt is that it will be 4G capable? Seems like thats the only real difference between that and the Droid X

That and that its not crippled with an encrypted bootloader,or hobbled with Blur. LOL

CxUNG

Reaction score

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
does the Droid X has a front facing camera and the ability to Skype? what is the storage differences between the 2? is it true that the Thunderchicken has the ability to talk and surf at the same time even though its on the verizon network (read it somewhere) ?

MrKleen

Reaction score
does the Droid X has a front facing camera and the ability to Skype? what is the storage differences between the 2? is it true that the Thunderchicken has the ability to talk and surf at the same time even though its on the verizon network (read it somewhere) ?

No the X does not have a front facing camera.

The Thunderbolt does have front facing camera and the ability to skype. And yes you can talk and surf on it also at the same time. The new 4g network has this ability...

I will be buying the Thunderbolt shortly to move past Motorola's locked bootloader policy and Blur.

jeremybeckham

Reaction score
I have had my Droid X since November and I am on #5 Verizon is sending me a new Thunderbolt because of all the issues with my X. I do happen to think that Motorola products are the issue this is my second Moto phone and I have had issues with both. (I know that many love Moto phones, just saying I have not had good luck)

They gave me the choice between T-bolt and Iphone4 But I love using the android and the 4.3 inch screen is huge for me as I am a Realtor and can show pics/video to clients when we are on the road.

I would not recommend the X. I have loved it but the last few weeks its like I went into a tail spin of quality. And that should not happen at the 5 month mark of ownership.

Snow02

Reaction score
Don't post the same thing in a bunch of threads.

pointzero1

Reaction score
My friend just got the thunderbolt, he says he loves it, sexy hardware, snappy performance, 4g, everything is good, except the battery life. He told me that he MUST turn off all apps when not in use, anything that is constantly updating, refreshing in the background needs to be turned off. He needs to also turn off wifi and 4g to save battery life as well. He says he wishes the extended battery shipped with the thunderbolt.

Basically he only turns apps and functions on when he needs them and turns them off immediately after, his favorite and most often used app is the battery manager.

Guyute

Reaction score
I have had my Droid X since November and I am on #5 Verizon is sending me a new Thunderbolt because of all the issues with my X. I do happen to think that Motorola products are the issue this is my second Moto phone and I have had issues with both. (I know that many love Moto phones, just saying I have not had good luck)

They gave me the choice between T-bolt and Iphone4 But I love using the android and the 4.3 inch screen is huge for me as I am a Realtor and can show pics/video to clients when we are on the road.

I would not recommend the X. I have loved it but the last few weeks its like I went into a tail spin of quality. And that should not happen at the 5 month mark of ownership.

I've had my DX for 8 months and I'm on my original unit. I would say you are the minority. I find my DX to be a very high quality handset.

Beka27

Reaction score

I've had my DX for 8 months and I'm on my original unit. I would say you are the minority. I find my DX to be a very high quality handset.

I'm also on 8 months. It's been amazing. No other cell phone has been able to keep my interest this long. Of course, the ability to root and rom helps too! My phone is incredibly stable; the times it's had reboot issues have been due to a lesser quality rom, never the phone itself. The build is fantastic as well.

Being a first time smartphone user, there was a large learning curve, but with a good background in computers and the ability to READ and comprehend information contained in this forum and others, I think I've done pretty well for myself!

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I have droid 1 and just got droid x from motorola experience. In my opinion go with Moto as their hardware arent fragile to break like Htc. I had htc evo it broke with one shot in floor. I had droid 1 from late July 2010 to August 2011 it took a while with thousand of time i drop it. I play soccer and bike ride and fall very frequently i can tell u it took a year for my droid 1 to break on screen base on the abused.

If you dont mind Sense ui and the cheap display Htc puts on their 4.3 devices go with Htc thunderbolt.

Now i have droid x it isnt bad at all is as durable as my droid 1 was.