Droid x Not Booting?!

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
HELP! I just installed LauncherPro Beta and when I restarted my phone, well, it won't do ANYTHING, no boot up, no picture, nothing!

Anyone have ANY ideas WTF?

Thanks.

Damn it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikejl

Reaction score
First off, installing launcher pro won't brick your phone. no way, no how.

Try doing a battery pull.

Mike

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I changed your Title.....Don't want this to de-rail before your problem is fixed.

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
OK, major sigh... plugged it directly into the wall and it was just my battery (depleted). Not too happy with the battery life... maybe it'c because I've been charging via my iMac. YEAH! :)

Did the battery pull first... I'm fairly tech savy, just a total NOOB when it comes to android. LOVE my phone though. Thanks guys!

hacku

Reaction score
Yesterday I let my battery run all the way down before doing a full charge. I noticed that once the battery is depleted, you can't plug it into a USB cable (hooked to a computer) to charge it. It will only turn the green LED on the screen, but will NOT charge the phone.

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Yesterday I let my battery run all the way down before doing a full charge. I noticed that once the battery is depleted, you can't plug it into a USB cable (hooked to a computer) to charge it. It will only turn the green LED on the screen, but will NOT charge the phone.

That's exactly what happened... I did a little searching and saw someone else say try plugging it into the wall instead of usb. Again, big sigh of relief. Thanks for all the quick replies.

Funk
USMCRet.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Original Droid was the same....

AzJazz

Reaction score

I suspect this is because when you plug a device into the computer, it has to be recognized by the PC before the PC will start activating stuff / features on the USB port (such as sending charging current). If your Droid / DX can't boot, you can't mount it as a USB storage device, and the PC won't send a charging current to it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I suspect this is because when you plug a device into the computer, it has to be recognized by the PC before the PC will start activating stuff / features on the USB port (such as sending charging current). If your Droid / DX can't boot, you can't mount it as a USB storage device, and the PC won't send a charging current to it.

I believe it's due to the USB not providing enough of a charge to kick the Droid on from a dead battery.

fecurtis

Reaction score

Yup. I think its unusual that it does that but i noticed that too. It worked for Blackberries. Oh well just something to keep in mind.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk