Replacement X handset random restarting-

Drumlicks

Reaction score
Hello, well after my Gingerbread update my original X was random restarting, so Big Red sent me a "like new" replacement with Gingerbread pre-installed....I installed the battery & synced up my Gmail etc, & about 2 hours later, a random restart on the "new" handset....I haven't even sent the old one back yet- don't know what to do now.....any ideas anyone? Many thanks,

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Android. Restarts are just one of the many benefits of this platform.

713King

Reaction score
Welcome to Android. Restarts are just one of the many benefits of this platform.

Lol what are you smoking,anyways I dont know who certifies this new phones but they must have the easiest job. I have received two certified like new phones and they dont work. But yeah call right away and get another one.

ABQNM

Reaction score

Lol what are you smoking,anyways I dont know who certifies this new phones but they must have the easiest job. I have received two certified like new phones and they dont work. But yeah call right away and get another one.

Yeah sometimes the quality is pretty questionable. I received one with a defect in the screen that chipped off, one that had obviously been dropped with dents all over the top and bottom and one with a usb connector that had 1/3 the plastic broken off the connector. Currently the one I have is quite good.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Random reboots have been very common for the past year.

rladkins25

Reaction score
I had 5 x's sence april all with diff probs

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid X's can be really hit or miss in terms of quality. My first one was terrible. It bricked temporarily the first day I owned it and I had done nothing.

Apex 2.0 Revolution

ABQNM

Reaction score
Droid X's can be really hit or miss in terms of quality. My first one was terrible. It bricked temporarily the first day I owned it and I had done nothing.

Apex 2.0 Revolution

It is not just the X. The company that does their refurbs has a lot of quality issues all over. I went through 6 Blackberry Tours in 10 days back before I got my Droid 1.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I agree (I have had 6 phones in 3 years), both of my X's were brand new. One was bad out of the box.

Verizon definitely needs to up the quality of their refurbished phones though.

Apex 2.0 Revolution

in99flames

Reaction score

Apex 2.0 Revolution

It is not just the X. The company that does their refurbs has a lot of quality issues all over. I went through 6 Blackberry Tours in 10 days back before I got my Droid 1.

+1 on that. VZW should drop that contract. If i recall, the reboots are software related, not necessarily hardware...but you may have gotten a bad phone. Tough to say. Luckily I am still on my original droid x from august last year.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Apex 2.0 Revolution

+1 on that. VZW should drop that contract. If i recall, the reboots are software related, not necessarily hardware...but you may have gotten a bad phone. Tough to say. Luckily I am still on my original droid x from august last year.

It's a software or OS thing. Thunderbolt has the problem bad, my DroidX has done it through several OS revisions, rooted and unrooted, etc...

The other day we were at a VZW store because my girlfriend's TB battery life is horrendous and it reboots all the time. She has that huge hump-back extended battery, and if she has 4G enabled the battery goes dead within 5 hours, which means that a standard battery would be dead in less than 3. That is with the phone on but the screeen off and not being used, in a 4G/LTE area.

And her phone reboots a couple times a day, for no reason. While we were there explaining, my DX was sitting on the counter and it rebooted by itself right in front of the technician.

Two different phones, running different apps, different versions of the OS, and they have the exact same reboot issue?

And it isn't like we are the only ones with it. Type in "reboot" into any of the forum sections and you will see that almost ever Android phone has people with this issue.

My iPhones on AT&T couldn't hold a call for more than 10 minutes without dropping, but I don't remember any of them ever just rebooting on their own like this...