Droid X Won't Boot - Blinks Red Motorola Logo

TK15

Reaction score
I need some help from this awesome community. I was attempting to install a new ROM and something has gone wrong. When I power on all that I get is the red motorola logo (not the typical white logo that appears on most out of the box X's). It won't boot to the red droid eye. I just loops through the red motorola logo and by loop I mean it flashes on the screen for a second or two, then goes black for maybe 10 or so seconds, repears, disappears, etc...

I'm trying to boot to recovery with the home+power buttons after a battery pull and I"m getting no where fast.

Anyone out there that can help me out would be my hero right now. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
UPDATE: I should've mentioned I was running the stock OTA 2.3.340 Froyo and obviously I was rooted. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
The red m is from GB. You didn't accidentally try to do the ota update?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
No, I avoided the OTA knowing it wouldn't work with root. I was flashing to GB and then to ZombieStomped 1.7 when it went down. I have since been able to get to the bootloader through the power+volume rocker and attempted to SBF back to 2.3.340 using RSDlite. Unfortunately there, the SBF file wasn't good and didn't work and the battery is now drained. From what I'm reading, I can't charge the battery while in the bootloader. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Beka27

Reaction score
Can you get another charged battery from someone? There's supposed to be a way to charge it out of the phone but I dont know how to do that.

Edit: just reread your post. After you installed GB did you go to the market and download D2 bootstrapper to flash the rom? DX BS isn't working on GB.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
I used the D2 version and everything appeared to install until I went into the reboot after the zip files were complete. I ordered a new battery on Amazon last night and hopefully will have that in a day or two...until then I'm stuck with my old Blackberry (which is the worst possible solution) and a Droid X that just reads:

Bootloader

Code Corrupt

Battery Low
Cannot Program (This flashes and I'm pretty certain it does just to taunt me)

Tone_Capone

Reaction score
The same exact thing happened to me a week ago! I tried to plastic to deodexed gb directly from froyo and the phone wouldn't even boot... all i got was the boot image like you.

You can try booting into stock recovery by holding down the home button and power button at the same time, and whipping data and cache to see if that will solve the issue. If it doesn't, you will need to sbf back to stock froyo, re-root and dload everything you need to get to CW recovery, and flashing a rooted leak of the stock GB.

It's a headache, but atleast you can fix it!

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
Thanks Tone. I'm working on that all right now. Do you happen to have the link for the SBF files you used? I had a corrupt file that got me into this situation when I was trying to flash back to stock and then jump to GB. I'm hoping I can find a good version so it doesn't take me 5 hours to find something useful.

By the way, the home+power doesn't work for me at all. I'm stuck in the bootloader now and hopefully when I get the new battery I can get out using RSDlite.

This is one hell of a headache.

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
You guys are great! Thanks Beka. I'll just DL the latest and greatest of everything on that site and cross my fingers. Now if only that fresh battery would get here.

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
I got my hands on a borrowed battery so I'm finally back in business to get this X back up and running. I just wanted to confirm with you guys that I'm taking the right steps before I get started. Here's my plan:

1. DL the most current RSDlite (4.9) and SBF files (2.3.340) from the link Beka27 provided.
2. Power up into the bootloader (volume btns + power)
3. Run RSDlite 4.9 to SBF back to stock Froyo.

- At this point my phone should be operable right? -

4. Get root back using Z4 root and then going to town getting my phone back to where it was a few days ago.

I think that should take care of my problems, but wanted to check first. Thanks again for all the help.

Tone_Capone

Reaction score
No problem at all!

Just make sure you press the right button combo in the bootloader so the usb drivers on the phone turn on. I can't remember how to do so from the top of my head, but im sure you can find it around here somewhere.

Did you back up your apps with anything? If you did, to make it easier on yourself just don't sign into google when the setup screen flashes after boot. That way your market isn't trying to redownload everything. Just use your backup to restore your clockwork after rooting...

I you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask. The astbthing you want is a new paper weight!

OP
T

TK15

Reaction score
My phone is already in bootloader and I'm not entirely sure if that's the right way to turn it on or not in order for the drivers to work, but I can't seem to exit that regardless so I'm crossing my fingers.

I use Titanium backup so hopefully I can get that to restore my apps. I'm getting ahead of myself here since I haven't started to SBF yet, but if I don't restore my apps, how can I use Titanium? Sounds like a dumb question, but I've never done this before and hopefully never again!

Tone_Capone

Reaction score
Lol. I guess I didn't think that you would have to download titanium for it to work... My bad