Droid x Media Player

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Hey guys, My girlfriend has a DX, and keeps having problems with the Media Player not playing her music. I don't think it's a format issue, the music player did work before, but after 2.2, it seemed to take a dump. The DX is also a "like new" from Big Red after the first one was exhibiting the same problems. I'm looking for suggestions, the DX is not rooted, and I can't get the music goin.... Thanks guys.dancedroid

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you say it won't play music, does the app see the music files, can they be selected, do they start and stop, do they never start?

Also, what music player are you using. Try one of the alternates from the market. MixZing is popular as is PowerAmp.

If you are having issues with the stock music player, try going to Menus/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Music/Clear Cache/Clear Data. The music app will then locate your music folders again and hopefully things will work better.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
Recently I've seen a ton of threads about this. I'm on a custom ROM and I don't use the stock music player so I wouldn't know. But if its not the music files themselves I would try the free App called PowerAMP. Just search for it on the market. It supports dozens of different file types (W00t for Flac!) And it looks fantastic. The GUI is sexy and its easy to use. Try it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
I've tried power amp, worked for half a day, then did the same thing. i'll try the clear cache/data that was suggested, didn't know how to do that. It's funny whenever I call verizon on my girl's behalf, they act very suprised and say they've never heard of it....wow. lol

OP
Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
When you say it won't play music, does the app see the music files, can they be selected, do they start and stop, do they never start?

Also, what music player are you using. Try one of the alternates from the market. MixZing is popular as is PowerAmp.

If you are having issues with the stock music player, try going to Menus/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Music/Clear Cache/Clear Data. The music app will then locate your music folders again and hopefully things will work better.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I can select the music, but maybe it plays, maybe it doesn't. It's weird.dancedroid