Droid X just installed 2.6 Liquid Gingerbread.

barmogum

Reaction score
I just installed the Liquid gingerbread and for some reason everything loaded perfectly. But the Phone and Music app, when i call to activate my phone, as soon as it connects the it keeps saying "com.android.phone is not responding, Force close..." but in the background you can here the verizon automated answering service giving me options...as soon as i press force close the ends the call, it keeps doing it after about 50 times trying.

Also what would be the best rom for the droid x... one thats really quick and easy to install and really nice.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Are you able to access clockwork? I would boot into it and wipe/reinstall the ROM. I did not experience any issues like that so I would think that should clear it up for you.

OP
B

barmogum

Reaction score
Now its just loading the red M sign and keeps doing the same thing over again... any help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for the assist leftspin. I have been at work unreachable for a while now.

Let us know how you make out barmogum.

OP
B

barmogum

Reaction score
HI, i Flashed it and got it working. but now i saw there is another ROM call Ice Cream Bar... i would like to know if its a good ROM for the Droid X1. And the install directions. thanks! :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
HI, i Flashed it and got it working. but now i saw there is another ROM call Ice Cream Bar... i would like to know if its a good ROM for the Droid X1. And the install directions. thanks! :)

I am not familiar with it. Can you tell me where you found it and I will see what info I can gather for you.

r1nstang

Reaction score
I am not familiar with it. Can you tell me where you found it and I will see what info I can gather for you.

I think this is what hes talking about...i came across it the other day
http://droidmodderx.com/rom-icx-for-droid-x-built-on-605/

Im running liquid right now and it looks great..but holy crap the battery life is horrible. playing the game Trial X for maybe 10 minutes took 10% of the battery off. I had just charged it to 100% and cleared the battery stats

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
I think this is what hes talking about...i came across it the other day
DroidModderX » -[ROM] ICX – For Droid X built on .605! + Themes 10/07/11

Im running liquid right now and it looks great..but holy crap the battery life is horrible. playing the game Trial X for maybe 10 minutes took 10% of the battery off. I had just charged it to 100% and cleared the battery stats

The ROM is called ICX, because the newest version of Android is called Ice Cream Sandwich and that ROM uses the Ice Cream Sandwich launcher. I would recommend it, the battery life is very good and it's fast. To flash it you will need to SBF to .602, take the OTA update to .605, root, install CWM and flash the ROM

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html
DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.602 SBF Released - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
[Root X] D3 1-click Root Method - Works on GB.602 and GB.605

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well I feel like a goof. If I had thought about it long enough I am sure I could have come up with that you meant ICX. My bad, thanks for the assist again leftspin :)