Droid X: GingerBread OTA Questions.

bmphotography

Reaction score
Hey Guys & Gals,

I am not having a Good day so Sorry if I am a little snappy.. my recent use of my phone has pissed me off lol

I love the Droid X A lot.. as well as Verizon. However I was running Android 2.2 with Apex 4.0 on my "Previous" Droid X (3 Days ago) Unfortunately I heard about the Gingerbread OTA update...tried downloading it failed when it installed.. so I had to do a SBF back to Stock 2.2.. it Success-ed. HOWEVER. when I Installed the OTA update. it said Successful. than it rebooted showed the Red Motorola logo and then went to a black screen with Bootloader 4.02 Err: blahblahblah.. took it to Verizon and they sent me a new phone overnight as they said the update bricked my phone.. so that was just the start of my trouble now surprisingly.. recueved my phone today.. had to Re-activate it.. somehow the activation process *228 did not work and I had to call Verizon spent 2hrs on the phone they told me to go to the Verizon store...they activated it there.. brought it home found out the new "Data Saver Toggle" was preventing me from downloading ANYTHING.. than found out PDANet was removed from the Market.. so Sorry for the rant just had to get it off my chest.. now for the Questions I have regarding Gingerbread.

• 1: any Hacks/Roms for (Android 2.3.3: Sys Veri: 4.5.596.MB810)

• 2: I heard to Save Battery I can Undevolt my Droid. What are some settings and voltage settings I can use to accomplish the best battery life for Web browsing and Mpeg4 Movie Viewing?

• 3:Any Data-throttling Hacks for Gingerbread Yet?

• 4: Any other Cool Hacks/Roms for performance/Battery life you can recommend for Gingerbread?

• 5: Why did my KBPS go down with my last phone from 200/250kbs to 35kbs with the new phone? x_x

• 6: Any other tips you can give me for Gingerbread?

• 7: Thank you for reading this :D

Take Care & God Bless~
~Bmphotography

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cannot root the .596 OTA. You will need to sbf, and install the rooted .596 files.

I would recommend going to .595. Its basically the same, minus tethering detection supposedly. Sbf, install the 3 part .588 files, then install the .595 file.

I would then install the ZombieStomped rom, which is way fast, has data throttle removed, undervolt hack, and an interactive governor. The battery life is the best I have seen.

sent from my ZombieStomped X