Droid X having issues SBF flash

jtnktz

Reaction score
Well, my digitizer broke and the phone sat for a while. Now the battery is swelled up. But I fixed the digitizer and went to reactivate it dialing 228. Well when ever i dialed 228 the dialpad wouldn't come back on. So I decided to re sbf it because I couldn't get into recovery. The phone was running Liberty gingerbread 0.8. Now that I refashed the sbf with a stock 2.3.340, it will not boot at all. It just has liberty rom symbol going round and round very fast. Now what?

dankwizzydorf

Reaction score
It shouldn't have the liberty logo if the sbf was successful. I would sbf again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

jtnktz

Reaction score
That's what I thought... I'm redoing it now.

OP
J

jtnktz

Reaction score
Just finished second full sbf and still doing the same thing... Should I try it without the SD card in it?

OP
J

jtnktz

Reaction score
Flashed it a 3rd time without sd card and still the same thing. I think I have officially did the impossible. Bricked a Droid X. If anyone else has any input let me know.

Jubakuba

Reaction score
Power on while holding the home key.
Hold this until an android and an exclamation mark come up.
Then press the search key.
Navigate to factory reset.
Reboot.

This will also clear your bootlogos and animations.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
+1 to the above, sbf doesn't rewrite boot logo, you have to factory reset from Android recovery.

On a lighter note, isn't sbf-ing multiple times in one day just grand!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Dullawolf

Reaction score
i got a brand new laptop and zoom!! holy crap. i can sbf my phone in about 15 minutes. it is stupid quick. then with petes all root app, i can be sbf'd on 602 with root in less than 20 minutes.