No SBF for Gingerbread?

duck on quack

Reaction score
Is there still no 2.3.3 SBF file in existence for the D2? I found one for the DX and X2 but none for D2...

I have been running the GB leak (zip file) with Liberty 0.8 for months now, because I assumed this SBF would emerge eventually. I don't want to go the route of flashing to Froyo and getting the GB OTA that way, partly because I'm lazy and would rather just take the SBF route and flash to 2.3.3.

Another problem with the GB OTA and the lack of a GB SBF is that, if I were ever to **** something up (with a custom ROM or whatnot), I wouldn't have the failsafe option of flashing back to 2.3.2 stock; that would simply brick the phone. The new Liberty 2.0 looks neat, but I'm paranoid and must have this option before I install a custom ROM. I suppose I could just run GB stock and root to remove bloatware, but I honestly thought the SBF would be around by now.

:(

pressguy27

Reaction score
Yeah it would be nice if we had to sbf for gb since I sbf my phone this morning, but I don't think it will ever get release!

Sent from my DROID 2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there still no 2.3.3 SBF file in existence for the D2? I found one for the DX and X2 but none for D2...

I have been running the GB leak (zip file) with Liberty 0.8 for months now, because I assumed this SBF would emerge eventually. I don't want to go the route of flashing to Froyo and getting the GB OTA that way, partly because I'm lazy and would rather just take the SBF route and flash to 2.3.3.

Another problem with the GB OTA and the lack of a GB SBF is that, if I were ever to **** something up (with a custom ROM or whatnot), I wouldn't have the failsafe option of flashing back to 2.3.2 stock; that would simply brick the phone. The new Liberty 2.0 looks neat, but I'm paranoid and must have this option before I install a custom ROM. I suppose I could just run GB stock and root to remove bloatware, but I honestly thought the SBF would be around by now.

I'm lost as to what you're worried about. I've reflashed my phone from both GB and MIUI back to Froyo without issue. You have to go through the extra step of doing the OTA to GB if you want it back or want to run a GB-based rom, but it takes all of 5 minutes over wifi. Maybe I missed something.

OP
D

duck on quack

Reaction score
I'm lost as to what you're worried about. I've reflashed my phone from both GB and MIUI back to Froyo without issue. You have to go through the extra step of doing the OTA to GB if you want it back or want to run a GB-based rom, but it takes all of 5 minutes over wifi. Maybe I missed something.

I did not realize it was possible to flash back to Froyo from Gingerbread. Flashing the 2.2.20 sbf after updating to 2.3.20, for example, resulted in a complete brick. If you can indeed return to Froyo with the SBF after receiving the OTA, I suppose I have nothing to worry about. :)

drkcobra

Reaction score

Actually, there is a new sbf file released for the A955 (Droid2) & A957 (Droid2 Star Wars Edition). I do not have them or access to them, however, I do have the exact file names for both of them if it helps anyone track them down. They were both officially released on Sept 7th, 2011 (for the A955) and Sept 15th, 2011 (for the A957). Here are the file names:
A955:
1FF-p2a_droid2_cdma_droid2-user-2.3.3-4.5.1_57_DR2-31-110719-release-keyssigned-Verizon-US.sbf.gz
A957:
1FF-p2a_droid2_r2d2_cdma_droid2_r2d2-user-2.3.3-4.5.1_57_DR2-32-110726-release-keyssigned-Verizon-US.sbf.gz

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
A simple SBF to froyo is possible. Its something I frequently did with mine. In fact I'm doing it again soon. Then after sbfing back to froyo I take the OTA gingerbread then I'm off to flash the latest gingerbread cm7 or hopefully even cm9..

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

americanz

Reaction score
I can't get mine to take the ota unless I activate it. So a sbf to gb would be great

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get mine to take the ota unless I activate it. So a sbf to gb would be great

Ah...yes I understand.. I tried with wifi long ago and no go...lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You ever tried the all in one back to froyo flash able SBF??? Would be cool if you could use the leaked gingerbread. Not too much difference...

americanz

Reaction score
You ever tried the all in one back to froyo flash able SBF??? Would be cool if you could use the leaked gingerbread. Not too much difference...

No. Got a link?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. Got a link?

When I get off work I will hunt it down.. P3 DROID made it.. I think jsm has it too!? Ill look when I get off. Its a lifesaver. The leak and the all in one. I never needed a computer for that system..lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn Mission.. you just busted the seams brother.. lol NICE!!! Where have I been.? Its been busy and all with my kids since I upgraded and haven't flashed much or been helping too much but just thought I would say thanks kind sir for your attention to this thread for the op.. and all others benefit. If this isn't posted in any threads I would go ahead and start one in D2 section.peace and thanks again. I didn't know one existed or forgot one or the other? Lol PEACE! !!! Can't wait to flash something on this RAZR. I'm moving the kids and myself to an apartment and may be out of internet for a bit until the company can come set it up. This will get dl now just to have for my customers.lol