Droid X Bootloader Confirmed to be Encrypted

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
So to an ignorant person like myself, does that mean no root, for all intents and purposes?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

So to an ignorant person like myself, does that mean no root, for all intents and purposes?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It might still get superuser permissions, but loading custom ROMs is gonna be tough.

I really hope someone breaks the encryption.

Ugh, contemplating canceling my Droid X pre-order @ Best Buy...I wonder if the Samsung phone will be easily rootable? (I'm tempted to think so because they didn't bow down to any one cell provider, but we'll see)

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Ugh, contemplating canceling my Droid X pre-order @ Best Buy...I wonder if the Samsung phone will be easily rootable? (I'm tempted to think so because they didn't bow down to any one cell provider, but we'll see)

i'd say get the X and hang on to it for the 30 days. There will be a lot of devs scrambling to decrypt it.

kirk_57.jpg

MOTOOORRROOLLLA!!!!!!

i'd say get the X and hang on to it for the 30 days. There will be a lot of devs scrambling to decrypt it.

The Droid X was to be my first Android phone, I'm using a 2-year-old HTC Touch Pro. The last thing I want to do at this point is start falling in love with Android, then have to go back to my Touch Pro. Hrmph. Is there a release date for Verizon's Samsung phone?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Guys, a locked down bootloader does NOT mean it cannot be rooted. What a locked down bootloader. Each official ROM from Motorola/Google/Verizon has a secret "code" on it. The locked down bootloader will only accept roms with these "codes". It does NOT mean that it cannot get root access.

I'd wait on making any decisions until you know if the Samsung Fascinate is rootable. I'd get the droid X for the 30 days then make a decision (hopefully either the X will be rooted or we'll know more about the fascinate in a month)

dangerous

The Droid X was to be my first Android phone, I'm using a 2-year-old HTC Touch Pro. The last thing I want to do at this point is start falling in love with Android, then have to go back to my Touch Pro. Hrmph. Is there a release date for Verizon's Samsung phone?

What samsung phone? The Droid X will also be my first android. I've been a WinMo phone and now recently a BB user. I will get the Droid X and the next newest one when it comes out. That's why i'm asking "what Samsung" ....