Droid X Battery from 100%-0% in ~3 hours.

Foreverrr

Reaction score
How come my battery drains from 100% to 0% in under 3 hours? My GPS is and has been disabled, wifi has been disabled, screen brightness is always at it's lowest, i have no more than 15 applications, brand new droid x battery that i took out of its package yesterday. and I've used 3 different chargers made for the droid.

What is wrong???????

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How are you exiting apps? Back button or home button? What does your phone say is using the battery?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
How are you exiting apps? Back button or home button? What does your phone say is using the battery?

DroidForums junkie!!

I always click the back button to get out of apps, and my battery manager goes down the list as follows:

display 38%
cell standby 18%
phone idle 11%
android system 10%
android os 5%
media server 5%
facebook 3%
media 2%
adw launcher 2%
swype 2%
text messaging 2%

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That looks about normal. Are you near a corporate store? You have a warranty and they can run a battery test on it for you.

DroidForums junkie!!

swagmonster

Reaction score
Maybe you just have a fubard battery, sometimes it happens, go to verizon and ask for an exhange

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
did that, i also called verizon and keep offering me a replacement phone. Why would I do that when both the phone is a fresh replacement because my last one did the same thing? also with a brand new battery i think that getting a replacement would be kind of worthless.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New phone AND battery?? What kind of signal do you have?

DroidForums junkie!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same problem lately with my d1 I charged it to 100% then had the screen off 5 mins later battery at 90%

°^°

That's a known issue with the D1. If you go and plug into a charger it will reset to the correct charge level. Usually it only happens once though, it doesn't happen repeatedly.

This thread has been moved to the appropriate area.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Thanks hook but a lot of the time it happens at school in first period can't plug into charger till 7 hours later

°^°