New extended battery doesn't charge

Saus

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid X and just got the BH6X extended battery.

So when I install the battery with the charger connected, i get the charge screen like it doesn't have enough power to turn on yet. As I watch this screen, it goes from 0% to 100% in about 10 seconds...

I can then turn on the phone and it boots fine. The phone then displays that it is fully charged to 100%. However as soon as I disconnect the power cord it immediately dies.

Obviously the battery is not charged. I have charged it for several hours and still see the same result. I have also deleted the battery stats as recommended in other threads.

Has anyone ever experienced this before (especially the "goes from 0% to 100% in about 10 seconds" part)?

KOBALT

Reaction score
i have the bh6x as well. never had that problem. sounds like your battery is defective.

OP
S

Saus

Reaction score
So there's no chance that this could be related to the fact that my phone is rooted?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sfdroidx

Reaction score
bh6x

I have this same exact problem, and am currently troubleshooting. Did you ever have any luck fixing this problem?

Pretty annoying. I was looking forward to a battery with more hours in it. Doesn't currently work at all, as you describe.

I have a rooted droid X and just got the BH6X extended battery.

So when I install the battery with the charger connected, i get the charge screen like it doesn't have enough power to turn on yet. As I watch this screen, it goes from 0% to 100% in about 10 seconds...

I can then turn on the phone and it boots fine. The phone then displays that it is fully charged to 100%. However as soon as I disconnect the power cord it immediately dies.

Obviously the battery is not charged. I have charged it for several hours and still see the same result. I have also deleted the battery stats as recommended in other threads.

Has anyone ever experienced this before (especially the "goes from 0% to 100% in about 10 seconds" part)?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I used to have a Droid x when I bought the extended battery off eBay I had the same problem. I just kept taking it out and putting it back in. Putting it the stock battery putting the extended battery back in. Eventually the x accepted the battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums