Droid X battery drains fast... not GPS bug...

krackerjack

Reaction score
I am a new Droid X owner (on my 3rd day) and this is my first Android phone. I came from the Verizon Touch Pro. I have been reading through numerous pages here and else where about battery problems, GPS bug, bugs etc. I do not have an App killer because i have read that android handles it for you (unlike wm) and they don't work kindly with froyo (Came stock). I have noticed from the start that the phone battery does not last very long even with lite to moderate use. I did a test today. Plugged my phone up last night, unplugged (100%), rebooted, and left home about 10am. Had 2 very short phone calls, sent maybe 4 text messages, no web browsing, no gaming, turned screen on to check time few times, 3 or 4 emails come through, etc. I have sync set to check my university email every 4hrs and social networks every 1hr. Screen timeout set to 15secs. My screen brightness is set completely to the left (low). Phone had been on for about 6 hours total and is at 60%. This was me HARDLY using the phone. My Touch Pro would still be at around 90% or more. Please tell me this is not normal for this phone...

I read somewhere that spareparts can help find apps/services that are runaway killing the battery. Here is what I recorded when I got home.

Spareparts App reports:

Having “Other usage” and “Since last unplugged” selected:
Running: 100% at 5hr 43min 48s
Screen: on 11.9% at 40min 52s
Phone: on 0.7% at 2mim 23s

Having “Partial wake usage” and “Since last unplugged” selected:

UID 10002: The bar is almost full- clicking on it gives --> “Partial wakelock:UID 10002” and no other info.
TiKL touch to talk beta: with very little bar filled
Motorola services: with very little bar filled
Android system: with very little bar filled

Having “Sensor usage” and “Since last unplugged” selected:

UID 1001: is almost full- Clicking on it gives --> “sensor:UID 1001 ” no other info
Android system: with maybe 1/6 bar filled

Having “GPS usage” and “Since last unplugged” selected:
“No battery usage data available” I have not used the GPS or WIFI

Having “Network usage” and “Since last unplugged” selected:
UID 1001: bar is almost full with half blue and half red
Android system: bar about 2/3 full with half blue and half red
0: Just a tad bit below half bar full and almost all blue

Having “CPU usage” and “Since last unplugged” selected:
Android system: at top with no visible bar filled
Spare parts: with no visible bar filled
Home, Mediaserver, Swype and rest have no visible bar filled...

---- These readings are from default froyo droid x battery manager

Battery is currently at 60% and set to nighttime saver mode
Been on for 5hr 52min 55s unplugged (I rebooted when i unplugged)
Display at 43%--time on 59min 38s
Phone idle at 16%-- time on 5hr 3min 17s
Cell standby 14%-- time on 5hr 52min 45-- Without signal 0%
Voice calls 10%-- 2min 23s
Android system 5%-- CPU total 6min 19s-- CPU foreground 38s

I have no idea what app the PID 10002 is. Is there a way I can find out? I have terminal emulator on the phone, but not sure how to list apps etc by PID.

Questions:

1. If i receive an email to gmail, does it get sent to my phone within a certain amount of time or is it push...?
  2. What can I do to fix this battery problem or is it a problem with this phone? I have restarted the phone, closed apps and services...

Thanks to anyone who is kind enough to help me out!

-Matt

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
UID for me was Twitter, that was always full I deleted the app and just use the webstie.

OP
K

krackerjack

Reaction score
Is the UID the same for twitter on different phones? I don't use twitter, and don't think I have an app or widget running for twitter. How did you find out what app the UID was linked to?
thanks for replying

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Out of the box the DX has the Social Networking widget loaded...check to see what the sync settings are on it, and tone them down as well. Also, to get a bit better battery life you can adjust the Data Manager...Data Delivery....Background Data <---- Disable. This keeps the device from using data when its not needed.

Check through the forums here discussing Battery Drain and Life and you can find more tips to help...