Droid X Applications Question? :P

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just a quick question dancedroid?

I'm receiving my Droid X in the mail in like two days and I wondered, will all the applications from the Android Market that worked on my original Droid, will they work and be compatible with the Droid X?

I'm most concerned about my slide keyboard ShapeWriter working on my new Droid? The program is not on the Market for now, but I was able to attain the .apk file and use the wonderous program again. So any help with this compatibility question would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Shapewriter will most likely need an update to account for the larger screen size. So even if you get the apk, it might not work.

All apps should work, Some might need an update from the dev.....

OP
Android Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah, that was one of my fears, that since the screen is larger, would the programs pan out to fill the larger screen. But if that's the case wouldn't it mean that pretty much all programs wouldn't fit into the new larger screen? Man I love the phone, but it sure won't be fun if I can't download any programs for it. I'll be especially bummed if ShapeWriter doesn't work, I'm addicted to that keyboard, it beats out SlideIt Keyboard and Swype by a long shot in my opinion.

Thanks for the quick response!:)

Unitic

Reaction score
Got my Droid X yesterday and it has the Swype keyboard - best thing I've ever used. The applications should work the same. Listen, you are gonna LOVE this phone. I'm having trouble finding out how make folders for music and photos though...

OP
Android Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah I was pretty excited to see the X has Swype on it but I'm the most in love with Shape Writer. And luckily enough I was able to find the newest version Apk file on the web. So I'm happy to report that ShapeWriter has no size issues and it works just fine! I'm so excited.

I was also excited to find out that Launcher Pro works fine also, although the stock "X" has 7 home screens, but I just love the myriad options that Launcher Pro has, it does everything but wash my dishes. I have yet to see a home alternative that beats out how amazing Launcher Pro is.

Here is the link to 3.0.5. Apk file for ShapeWriter
ShapeWriter 3.0.5. Apk